We are seeking to recruit dynamic, practical Visitor Services Assistants with excellent customer care skills to join the Front of House team at the Russell-Cotes Art Gallery and Museum. The Russell-Cotes is a Grade II* listed Victorian villa with a collection of extraordinary art and treasures from around the world.
Your role will be to ensure the day-to-day safe and smooth running of the gallery, including emergency evacuation response, as well as supervising staff, engaging with our visitors, monitoring museum security, and supporting the maintenance of the building.
- Company name:
- Russell-Cotes Art Gallery and Museum
- Work pattern:
- Two are 30 hours per week and one at 16 hours per week.
- Salary / Pay:
- £17,772 pro rata (for part time)
- Closing date:
- Sun, 7th May 2017
Our essential criteria include:
- First Aid qualification, or willingness to be trained
- Experience of working in a customer based environment
- Experience of working in an arts or heritage environment
- Experience of managing or supervising staff or volunteers
- Excellent working knowledge of health and safety practices
- Good knowledge of a museum environment and/ or collections management
- Familiar with working in a retail environment
- Calm under pressure, with the ability to make informed decisions quickly
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Manual handling skills, ability to use tools and work at heights, ability to clean and be on your feet for long periods
- Computer literate
- Previous responsibility for opening and closing procedures, available for alarm callouts
- Team player
- Passion to help preserve and present a unique and valuable historic house
- Can work evenings, bank holidays and regular weekends.
How to apply
To find out more and to apply, please visit the following webpage