Armfield Ltd is a respected, long-standing globally trading UK based company, with a subsidiary company in the USA and a network of over 100 agents worldwide. Armfield’s Education division designs, manufactures and sells Innovative Engineering Teaching & Research Equipment to Schools, Colleges and Universities. Armfield have 46 staff across two sites in Ringwood, Hampshire.
- Company name:
- Armfield Ltd
- Salary / Pay:
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- Closing date:
- Wed, 5th July 2017
You will be an enthusiastic, highly organised, capable, adaptable and articulate person, with core skills in the very latest adobe CC inDesign and Photoshop applications. Ideally, you will have a minimum of one year relevant commercial experience on Mac and PC platforms using these two applications.
With this mindset and toolset at your disposal, along with excellent typographic skills, you will be well equipped to assist in our busy deadline driven in-house marketing department. You must be comfortable with accepting ownership and responsibility for tasks, possess good communication and a full range of other key skills detailed below. Interpersonal and communication skills are prerequisite.
About the position:
This is essentially a non-design role, however, an eye for design and layout are important as many projects require the design’s repurposing from print to digital, or adjustment to another size format. The role is a varied one and covers both digital and analogue production and the management of Armfield’s participation in events. At the heart of the role are three essential disciplines detailed in order of importance:
DTP for print and digital / Website maintenance / e-marketing and database maintenance.
You will be working alongside the Head of Marketing to assist him with the many varied and deadline driven tasks handled by this very busy department, but as a department we are part of a larger team of fifty individuals most of whom we will liaise and work with from time to time.
Essential core skills:
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work efficiently and quickly, while maintaining high quality
- Ability to self-manage and prioritise to meet deadlines
- Able to switch from task to task and adopt a non-linear approach to tasks when required
- DTP (layout and art-working to print-ready specifications)
- Mac and PC literate (predominately Mac though must be proficient on both platforms)
- Proof reading
Essential applications experience:
- Adobe CC suite (predominately InDesign / Photoshop, other CC application experience would be beneficial, though not essential to the position)
- Applications experience in order of priority:
- InDesign CC (2015 or later)
- Photoshop CC (2015 or later)
Other applications experience:
Highly beneficial, though not essential, may further develop the position:
- Mailchimp or Campaign Monitor
- MS Powerpoint
- MS Word
- MS Excel
- MS Access
Beneficial, though not essential, may further develop the position:
- Some knowledge of Photography
Duties and Responsibilities:
- General assistance to the Marketing Department
- DTP / Graphics / Artworking / layout and proofing of technical data sheets and other documents/brochures. Production will range from creating a new document to finished printready artwork and all stages in between.
- Checking digital proofs prior to upload to website
- Checking printers proofs prior to print
- Production of PDFs for print and optimised versions for online
- Maintaining the mail and e-mail lists
- Exhibition management – Managing the Company’s attendance at international exhibitions, to include:
- Working within budgets
- Booking stands and stand space
- Specifying and ordering stand facilities
- Reserving equipment from stock
- Arranging shipping
- Preparing promotional material including the preparation of press releases
- Update and maintenance of our websites using the CMS
A note about experience levels:
We will, however, consider experience in versions of the applications listed above going back up to two versions. We may also consider intermediate skill levels, provided you can still meet the other criteria and the challenge, the deadline and also produce the work to the expected high standards.
With the exception of training being provided on the CMS for updating our websites and training in our procedures and business processes, please be aware this is not a position to learn on the go, it is a demanding (non design) role and the right candidate will be expected to have the required applications knowledge.
How to apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV along with softcopies of your most recent commercial work (last six months). Include contact details for your references on your CV
PDF and or URLs to your work examples are acceptable.
Application reviews are based on CVs and working example only, cover letters are not required and will not figure in the review process, if you are shortlisted a personal statement will be requested from you along with full references (copies acceptable at this stage, originals to be shown at interviews). If you do not here from us within two weeks please assume your application has not been shortlisted at this time. Due to the expected response for this exciting position we will be unable to reply to you. Also if you do send any hard copies of your own work, please ensure these are copies, not originals as we will be unable to return any of these to you.
References: Minimum of two references, one from your current or previous employer, one from a professional as a character reference.
Certificates: While copies of your relevant qualification are acceptable for the application process, originals must be must be shown at interview.
For more background please visit: