Institut Le Rosey is a dual-language (English and French) co-educational boarding IB World School for 400 pupils with a unique two-campus system located in Switzerland.
To support the development of our Arts and Learning Centre, The Paul & Henri Carnal Hall, we are seeking an art “stagiaire” or resident teaching assistant.
- Company name:
- Institut Le Rosey
- Work pattern:
- September 2018 to June 2019
- Salary / Pay:
- Closing date:
- Tue, 1st May 2018
He/she will be expected:
- to run arts activities during our afternoon Sports/Arts block (between 4pm-6pm)
- to have expertise in one or more of the following areas: animation, photography, graphics, printmaking, website design and 3D work (in particular working with laser cutters, 3D printers)
- to assist with the classroom teaching in the two art rooms
- to assist with the display of artwork in the PHCH
- to be present in the PCHC between 8pm–10pm twice a week
- to become involved in the broader and particularly the artistic life of the Rosey community
- to run Saturday activities (normally an art club) between 10am-11.30am
Currently, we offer the following arts activities to students between 4pm-6pm: printmaking (etching, lino and screenprinting), sketchbook development, an ‘art academy’ for senior students and an ‘art club’ for younger students. These activities can be changed according to the expertise of the stagiaire.
This post is a residential position for the academic year from September 2018 to June 2019, and would ideally suit a recently qualified art graduate who is looking to take a break after his/her studies.
As well as possessing ability and potential in their field, the ideal stagiaire will be energetic, flexible and dynamic with an interest in international education. The ability to communicate in both English and French would be a distinct advantage. A clean driving licence would be extremely useful and please state in your application if you have this.
In return, Le Rosey will offer:
- Professional guidance and mentoring
- Return travel to and from Geneva at the beginning and end of contract
- Swiss medical insurance
- Shared apartment accommodation (single bedroom with shared bathroom and sitting room) in an independent house at the centre of the Rolle campus
- Use of school’s extensive sporting and artistic facilities
- A monthly payment of CHF 1,200
- Three meals a day and laundry facilities
- A one-year half-price Swiss train pass
- A ski pass for the Gstaad term
How to apply
Expressions of interest should be addressed to David Newbery, at email@example.com; they must be by email and include: a statement of interest (providing an idea of personal and professional qualities), a CV or résumé and the names of two referees. Please include a link to a website that showcases your work or attach examples as a pdf file.