At Suited and Booted Studios we offer a full in-house moving image production service for a wide range of sectors including corporate videos, internal communications, advertising and marketing.
Established for over 17 years we are based in the heart of Bath. As a company we are constantly evolving and growing. With a client profile of mid-range companies and organisations who are looking for a high quality, creative and bespoke production, our main focus is on great storytelling that is shot beautifully.
Our dedicated team offers a friendly and supportive environment to work in and we are looking for a new camera opp to join our busy team. You must be not only an excellent camera opp with the ability to make even the most dull subject matter look beautiful, but you must also be creative and willing to work as a self-shooting director. It would be an advantage if you know your way around a Premier based edit suite too.
You must be talented, creative, experienced, and easy to work with, a self-confessed camera geek and be prepared to go the extra mile for our clients and the company. Being well organised, full of creative ideas with a good sense of humour and the skills to make anything look beautiful through the eye of a lens are basic requirements.
From working with clients to developing and distributing content, through to final distribution of content, at Suited and Booted Studios we pride ourselves on our ability to listen to a client’s needs, offer ideas and provide creative solutions that work for them.
Many of our clients are repeat customers and the relationships we build with them allow us all to stretch ourselves. We always strive to do the best we can and relish the challenge of making everything we do look beautiful. Our days are always busy and we are always looking at creative ways to expand our clients’ horizons and give them imaginative solutions to their moving image needs.
While some companies may only allow the creative directors to input into ideas development, we are a creative team and expect everyone to input. We share ideas and get together at least twice a month to discuss new ideas & possibilities.
We think we are a lovely company to work for and as a team we are always interested and excited by our work and strive to do the best we can for our clients at all times.
We want all members of our team to develop personally and grow in their work and expect people to be constantly pushing themselves to make better and better work that inspires not only our clients, but us as creative’s.
If you think you can fit into this ethos, if you feel you have something to bring to our company, if you want a bit of a challenge and are prepared to grow with us as a company for the next couple of years, then apply!
- Company name:
- Suited and Booted Studios
- Work pattern:
- 37.5hrs basic
- Salary / Pay:
- Subject to experience
- Closing date:
- Fri, 30th June 2017
Essential Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience in using a range of cameras including Sony FS7.
- Basic sound recording experience (familiarity with radio and boom mics).
- Experience in lighting set-ups (mainly location but some studio).
- A working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, especially Premier.
As a Core Worker, Production (Camera + occasional edit), your key responsibilities will include:
Key responsibilities / priorities
- Camera operation on productions. Typically theses are regionally based, but may include working elsewhere in the UK and abroad.
- Self-Shooting Directing productions (depending on your experience).
- Shoot planning alongside the production co-ordination team.
- Client liaison.
- Camera kit care and basic maintenance.
- Managing and guidance of junior members of the team. (depending on your experience).
- Ensuring all projects you are working on are delivered to the high standard expected by our clients and that the company directors of Suited and Booted Studios are satisfied with the service provided by the company.
To fulfil this role you will be expected to:
- To consistently shoot high quality footage.
- To keep up-to-date with current industry aesthetics.
- Assisting with the production co-ordination, including client liaison.
- To assist within all aspects of the work of Suited and Booted Studios as may reasonably be required by the company directors.
- To input into and/or initiate the development of new projects and productions for Suited and Booted Studios CIC.
- To keep up to date with new technologies within this and other related industries that will impact on the working methods within the organisation and our offer to new and existing clients.
- To assist in ensuring all S&B equipment is well maintained and fit for purpose.
- To input into the development of new products for Suited and Booted Studios CIC.
How to apply
If after reading this job description you would like to be considered for the role or find out more information please respond via email include a link to a showreel or links to your work, a covering letter stating what interests you in the position and a full up to date CV.
Applications that do not include a link to a showreel or links to work will NOT be considered.
NOTE: If we would like to ask you for an interview, we will contact you. If you have applied unsuccessfully for a camera opp role in the last 2 years please do not apply.
Applications to: email@example.com Subject: Production Camera
Deadline for application: We are looking at applications throughout June 2017