We need a talented graphic designer to help us create brilliant experiences for our clients and their users.
In exchange for your design skills, we will train you in all aspects of UX and ensure that you become a well-rounded UX designer capable of integrating user research into your design output. We’ll provide you with the skillset and toolkit to establish yourself as a credible UX Architect & Designer.
We believe that UX is impossible without user research. So whilst this role may not require you to conduct regular user research, you will be expected to observe research sessions and challenge your thinking regularly. If you prefer to design things you like, and prefer your opinion over research and evidence, then we’re probably not the right place for you.
- Company name:
- Experience UX
- Work pattern:
- Full Time
- Salary / Pay:
- Competitive Salary
- Closing date:
- Fri, 6th October 2017
Key responsibilities after training and development:
- Assist in planning, design, and facilitation of user research
- Brainstorm creative solutions following user research
- Digitise output from internal and client workshops including user profiles, user journey maps, wireframes, and user flows
- Produce easy to use, highly effective information architecture
- Conduct online and in-person card sorting research
- Turn complex information structures into easy to understand architecture
- Producing attractive and effective designs for all media
- Owning the Experience UX brand and ensuring all output communicates effectively
- Design intuitive user interactions at each step of the user journey
- Conduct user journey mapping audits and workshops
- Produce interactive prototypes
Personal Attributes and Values
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and you would describe yourself as a ‘people person’
- Confident in your ability to meet new people and get on with them easily
- You would consider yourself a good listener
- You are proud of the work you do and enjoy a job well done
- You love learning and enjoy opportunities to develop new skills and knowledge
- You are honest, ethical, and value integrity
- You like to help people and thrive when solving problems
- You are an advocate of good design and you get frustrated when things are not designed well
- You consider yourself a confident person who enjoys a challenge
- You have a strong work ethic and have always given your all to complete a task
Skills & Knowledge
- You have a strong interest in user experience
- You have a passion for new technology
- You have a strong interest in psychology and like to learn about what ‘makes people tick’
- You have an ability to remain impartial and objective and can demonstrate tact and discretion
- You have the ability to evaluate your work objectively and are comfortable with your work being critiqued
- You are passionate about graphic design and can demonstrate examples of great design
- You are an experienced computer user and have experience using a range of software applications
- Experience of working independently to produce high quality design work
- Experience in communicating problems, solutions, or ideas to others
- Experience in a digital design role is ideal
Education, training and qualifications
- A degree in a design related discipline or equivalent experience
We recognise that we might not be for everyone. If you hate working with others, and want someone to tell you what to do each day then we’re probably not for you. But if you’ve got a strong drive, a big heart, and you’d like to use it to help build a company we can all be proud of, then you need to apply. Today.
How to apply
Let’s face it, no-one likes to write a cover letter, and if we’re honest we don’t enjoy reading them either. So, lets try something different.
If you’d like to apply for this role, send us the usual stuff like your CV and portfolio. But rather than a cover letter, we’d like you to send us a short video of you telling us:
- What attracted you to this role
- What your biggest frustration with bad UX is
- Why we should set up an interview with you.
Don’t too much about video quality and don’t worry if you feel awkward doing it. The fact that you try will probably put you above most other candidates. We would love you to complete a video as part of this process but we understand if this isn’t something you feel comfortable doing so, it isn’t mandatory.
Please send your CV, portfolio, and a link to your video to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line – Junior UX Designer Application