Do you have an interest in Model Making, Architecture and/or the science behind some of the most iconic buildings in the world?
At RWDI’s UK office we are offering the opportunity to join a team of Model Makers who are required to build and instrument scaled models for the purpose of wind tunnel testing. To perform this work will require working with a variety of tools and working with various materials meaning good hand skills, an eye for detail and some experience with tools is essential.
We are now seeking an individual to join as an entry-level position in our Milton Keynes office as a Junior Model Maker on our Project Resources team.
- Company name:
- Work pattern:
- Full-time, permanent position (37.5 hours per week)
- Salary / Pay:
- £16,000 - £17,500 per annum.
- Closing date:
- Tue, 21st February 2017
The role includes but is not limited to:
- The production of Scaled Models using architectural plans & drawings
- Instrumenting completed models with accuracy and quality
- Working with a variety of materials using varying workshop materials
- The repair, maintenance & development of workshop/wind tunnel facilities and equipment
- Assisting Wind Tunnel Operators in the preparation and testing of Projects
- Liaising regularly with Wind Engineers in order to best understand and meet client needs
- Assisting other members of the team in day-to-day duties
- Managing own time in order to best meet client deadlines
- The general up-keep of workshop facilities
We are looking for candidates with the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Relevant Qualifications including Model Making, Joinery/Carpentry, Production Design etc.
- Experience with workshop machinery (Table saw, Band saw, disc sanders etc.) and hand tools
- Experience in Model Making (either hobbyist or professional) able to give strong examples of work
- Excellent communication and coordination skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- IT skills ranging from basic to experienced with CAD software
- Aptitude for practical problem solving
- Proven ability to successfully meet deadlines
- Desire and ability to work in a production team environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with minimal supervision
- Ability to work with scaled drawings
How to apply
If you consider yourself to have the skills and experience to make an impact, please submit your CV, covering letter and a portfolio of your work (if available), telling us why you believe yourself to be the right person to undertake the role together with your strengths and suitability.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.