This position requires someone who strives for efficiency, process and a detail driven perfectionist.
The Junior Creative Artworker is responsible for assisting in the creation and execution of the visual identity for the Urban Outfitters brand.
This includes carrying out direction from the Assistant Art Director, along with the rest of the Art Department team, for design and production of all facets of the Urban Outfitters brand.
This entry-level position requires a team player with a hands-on approach to support the multiple creative projects that occur within the Art Department.
The Junior Creative Artworker focuses on production and assistance to Art Department team with research, digital file preparation, mechanical comps and presentations.
Development and execution of weekly and seasonal sale and POP signage production is a significant responsibility of this position.
This position offers opportunities for growth and creative development.
- Company name:
- Urban Outfitters
- Salary / Pay:
- Competitive Salary
- Closing date:
- Mon, 19th June 2017
- Create and produce weekly Sale and POP signage. Prioritise and multi-task and oversee all aspects of signage execution. Make copies, collate and set up all store distribution, ensuring accuracy and efficiency.
- Design or assist in the design of signage templates for Sale and POP based on current creative direction.
- Assist Designers with designs for Art Department projects based on their creative direction, adjusting as needed based on criticism and advice. Includes: seasonal display, store operations, product graphics, in-house communications, branding, etc.
- Assist Designers with all aspects of the various creative projects for the UO brand.
- File preparation, creating mock-ups, setting up presentations, gathering supplies, etc.
- Research new and efficient methods for production as needed.
- Assist in department maintenance and upkeep of server, supplies and storage areas.
INVOLVEMENT AND MOTIVATION
- Participate in weekly meetings and critiques of work.
- Openly communicate with Assistant Art Director and Designers on projects and concepts for the UO brand.
- Research and gather inspiration for the visual identity of the UO brand as well as for individual projects.
- Seek opportunities within given projects and within the team to advance individual projects and the overall UO brand.
- Although this position is entry level, some Graphic Design experience a plus (internships, practicum classes, etc.)
- Working knowledge of MAC based design software, specifically adobe creative suite (web and MS Office a plus).
- Must be able to multitask with an awareness for timing and urgency.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to problem solve and follow creative direction.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Graphic Design.
How to apply
Apply online via the Urban Outfitter’s website