Full-time professor in the field of Digital Animation required at Universidad de las Américas Puebla Academic Vicepresidency in Mexico.
- Company name:
- UDLAP Campus at San Andrés Cholula, Puebla. México
- Work pattern:
- Fixed term
- Salary / Pay:
- Commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Closing date:
- Tue, 1st November 2016
Overview of the functions of the position
The applicant will teach, research and advise in his/her area(s) of expertise. Essential responsibilities include:
- To teach and lead instructional activities specified in the approved curriculum and in the faculty bylaws. These activities include lecturing, leading seminars, individual and group tutoring, writing and correcting exams, correcting papers and reports and conducting and supervising evaluation activities;
- To participate in departmental and school activities, including meetings, committees, course and program evaluation, curriculum development, and grant preparation;
- To provide academic support and advising to students;
- To participate in calls for research proposals;
- To participate in inter-institutional and/or interdisciplinary research projects linked to regional and national companies and/or to internationally recognized institutions;
- To participate in the National System of Researchers (SNI – Sistema Nacional de Investigadores) or the National System of Art Creators (SNCA – Sistema Nacional de Creadores de Arte);
- To undertake front-line research in order to contribute to the intellectual mission of the university and to the consolidation of the Doctoral programs and their corresponding research lines;
- To publish research achievements or artistic creation projects.
- Advanced university degree (Ph.D. MFA or equivalent)
- Area of expertise:
- DIGITAL ANIMATION
- MOTION GRAPHICS
- VISUAL EFFECTS
- DIGITAL ARTS
- At least 4 years of relevant scientific research experience at the national and international levels;
- At least 4 years of undergraduate or graduate teaching;
- Experience in the design, implementation and management of scientific projects;
- Demonstrated professional experience in the field of expertise;
- Experience in the design and implementation of research projects in the field of expertise.
- Ability to teach and advise graduate and undergraduate students;
- Excellent analytical skills. Ability to collect, summarize and analyze information from various sources. Proven ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary and international environment;
- Capacity to build and maintain partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Ability to communicate effectively on complex technical and scientific issues in English and Spanish;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Spanish.
- English and Spanish.
- Proven experience in teaching and/or mentoring undergraduate or graduate students.
How to apply
The University will contact you as soon as the process concludes.
Position to start: Spring 2017 semester.