The fashion features assistant will play an integral role in the smooth running of The Telegraph’s fashion desk, especially during the busy biannual fashion week seasons but will also have the chance to build their own profile as a writer, contributing across digital and print.
We are looking for an excellent multi-tasker who is proactive and calm under pressure with a meticulous eye for detail and love of fashion. This is a brilliant position for someone with an ambition to become a fashion journalist who already has some experience of the industry to work with and learn from an award-winning team of fashion journalists.
- Assisting the Head of Fashion with diary management, research and general administration.
- Coordinating fashion features including picture research, coordination of shoots, liaising with art and subs desks and ensuring every article works as brilliantly online as it does in print.
- Organising fashion month including ticket requests, schedules and international travel.
- Processing invoices and overseeing budgets.
- Contributing to Telegraph Fashion’s digital output, including social media and online features/ galleries.
- Pitching and writing stories for the newspaper and magazines.
- Company name:
- The Telegraph
- Work pattern:
- Full time
- Salary / Pay:
- Closing date:
- Sat, 20th July 2019
Essential skills required for the role
- A proactive, can-do and collaborative approach, with the confidence to work with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Time management- an ability to prioritise competing deadlines.
- Willing to work on a flexible schedule, particularly during fashion month.
- Ambition to grow your own portfolio of work and take on additional writing responsibilities.
Additional skills useful for the role
- Proficiency with CMS.
- Experience of using Photoshop.
- Understanding of how to produce SEO-friendly content
How to apply
Apply online here