The Daiwa Scholarship is a unique 19-month programme of language study, work placement and homestay in Japan, following a month of Japanese language tuition in the UK. Daiwa Scholarships offer young and talented UK citizens with strong leadership potential, the opportunity to acquire Japanese language skills, and to access expertise and knowledge relevant to their career goals.
No previous experience of Japan or Japanese is necessary.
As of July 2016, 159 Daiwa Scholars – including scientists, artists, academics, lawyers and architects – will have benefited from the Daiwa Scholarships.
Daiwa Scholarships are provided by the Foundation to encourage better understanding between both countries.
- Company name:
- Daiwa Anglo-Japanese Foundation
- Closing date:
- Thu, 1st December 2016
Candidates for the Daiwa Scholarships must be:
- British citizens
- aged between 21 and 35 years of age by the time of departure.
Candidates should be:
- graduates or due to graduate by the time of departure
- equipped with a strong degree in any subject* or with a strong record of achievement in their field
- in possession of clear career objectives and a commitment to furthering UK-Japan links.
*Graduates in Japanese language studies are not eligible to apply for Daiwa Scholarships but may wish to apply for support through the Foundation’s grant schemes.
Preference will normally be given to candidates no older than 30.
How to apply
To apply visit the Daiwa Anglo-Japanese Foundation website
The Foundation is happy to provide advice about possible applications – please contact email@example.com