The Company Stafford House Study Holidays is part of Cambridge Education Group (CEG), one of the leading providers of pre-university academic courses and English language courses in the UK. Stafford House Study Holidays is fully accredited by the British Council and has links to schools, educational consultants and agencies worldwide. Each summer Stafford House hosts international students aged 12-18. Summer School is designed to provide short-term language courses with an evenly balanced academic, social, sports and excursion programme in a safe, well-managed environment.
- Company name:
- Stafford House Study Holidays
- Work pattern:
- Salary / Pay:
- Closing date:
- Fri, 1st June 2018
- Under the guidance of the Activities Manager, and utilising the outlined social program provided by Head Office, plan, organise and implement a high quality programme of activities and excursions, leading by example.
- Motivate and encourage students to take an active part in the programme.
- Supervise and look after the safety and welfare of students.
Person Specification Essential
- Level of spoken and written English equivalent to CEF level C1/CAE/IELTS 7.0
- Interested in, and able to organise activities such as drama, arts & crafts, talent shows etc.
- Able to adapt quickly to change and be flexible
- Effective communicator
- Flexible and a team player
- Able to motivate and encourage large groups of children and teenagers
- Able to address large groups of young people
- 18 years of age or over
- Willing to carry out manual duties
- Able to sustain long periods of physical activity
- Actively enjoy spending time with children/teenagers
- Professional appearance Desirable
- Qualifications in related subjects (e.g. arts, drama, sports, etc.)*
- Coaching/arts teaching qualification*
- Current First Aid certificate**
- Current RLSS lifesavers qualification**
- Previous summer school experience
- Experience of working with children and/or teenagers
- Competent sports/gamesperson with knowledge of the rules and organisation of one or more sports
Salary Scale: Basic rate of £375.84 per week for 25+, £354.24 per week for those aged 21+, £283.20 per week for 18-20 year olds. (Minus £49 accommodation offset if residential).
How to apply
Full job descriptions and our application form can be found on our website, or for further information, applicants can contact us directly on the contact details below. We will be recruiting for these positions until June.
The Recruitment Team, Stafford House Summer
19 New Dover Road,
Tel: 01227 811506