Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS)

You will need to be issued with a CAS before you can apply for your Tier 4 visa.

What is a CAS?

A Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) is not a document but a unique 13 digit number, requested by the University and issued by the Home Office.

A CAS contains information regarding your course, qualifications, academic progression, English language level and fees.

How do I get a CAS?

You can request your CAS any time after May  for courses starting in August/September, or any time after March if you are joining a Pre-Sessional English course at AUB.

To be issued with a CAS by AUB you need to hold an unconditional offer and have paid one term’s tuition fee.

If you are planning to enrol on a Pre-Sessional English course, in most cases you will need to pay the full cost of the Pre-Sessional English course plus one term’s tuition fee. We will tell you if you are expected to pay less.

When both of the above requirements are met, please download and complete our CAS Request Form* and return it to with the required documents.

We aim to process all CAS requests within 5 working days. Once your CAS has been issued you will be sent a CAS Statement via email, which will confirm all of the information on your CAS and will also provide further information about using your CAS in your visa application.

We advise that you check all the information included on your CAS is correct before you use it for your visa application and email if any corrections are needed.

*If you are unable to open the PDF version of this form, please download and complete the Microsoft Word version.

Keeping your CAS up-to-date

Your CAS will contain information about your course fees and how much money you have already paid to AUB for your tuition and accommodation.

After the CAS is issued, if you make any additional payments to AUB, it is your responsibility to email to request that your CAS is updated with the new information before you make your visa application – your CAS will not be updated automatically. Please wait until you receive confirmation that your CAS has been updated before making your visa application.

Using your CAS

You can use your CAS to apply for your Tier 4 visa up to 3 months before your course start date.

The information given on your CAS will help you complete the online visa application form. The Home Office expect the information that you give during your visa application to match any information that is included on your CAS.

A CAS can only be used once. In the unlikely event that you are refused a visa, you will need to request a new CAS before you can make a new visa application.