Visas and immigration

If you are coming to study in the UK from outside the EU/EEA, it is likely that you will need to apply for a student visa.

AUB must ensure that all students enrolled at AUB are entitled to study in the UK, therefore it is very important that you find out whether you will need a visa and make sure you apply for the correct kind of student visa before you travel to the UK, or you won’t be able to begin your course.

Please visit our ‘Do I need a visa?‘ page to find out whether you will need a student visa to study at AUB.

There are two categories of student visas for the UK, Tier 4 and Short-term study.

If you want to find out about the kind of work you can do in the UK, during and after your studies, we also have information on part-time work and placements and working after your study.

Current Tier 4 visa students who would like to travel to Europe should read our information on the Schengen Visa Scheme and how we can help you apply for your Schengen visa.

In addition to the information on our website, UKCISA and the Home Office also provide lots of useful information regarding student visas and how to apply.

The International Office has a dedicated International Student Advisor, who is here to answer all your visa-related queries and give guidance and advice on Tier 4 visa application.

You can contact the International Student Adviser by email or by calling the office: +44 (0) 1202 36 37 13