Help and advice

Whether it is assistance in finding somewhere to stay that you seek or support for your learning there are people to help at the University.

The International Office provides general guidance on admissions, progression, visa advice and related matters to prospective and enrolled overseas students and support with welfare issues. Or you can just pop in for a chat! The office is located on the ground floor University House and is open Monday – Thursday between 8.30 am and 5.00 pm and Friday 8:30am – 4.30pm.

The University’s Student Services team are also available to help both international and home students with a variety of personal issues that might arise during their studies including accommodation advice, medical care, career planning, job-hunting, student welfare and counselling.

UKCISA (The UK Council for International Student Affairs) operates a telephone advice service on all issues involving international students from Monday – Friday between 1:00pm and 4:00pm on +44 20 7107 9922.

The British Council is the United Kingdom’s international organisation for educational and cultural relations and their EducationUK website provides full details on studying in the UK.

Counselling Directory site provided everyone in the UK with a huge counselling support network, enabling those in distress to find a counsellor close to them and appropriate for their needs. The website also contains a number of sections on emotional disorders (types of distress section) and provides some useful statistics.