Step 3: Preparing to come to AUB

The International Office will regularly send information to you on your MyApplication portal, or by email and post, to help you prepare everything you need to begin your course at AUB.

Meet the conditions of your offer

If your offer is conditional, please send your results to Admissions as soon as you receive your transcript or certificates.

Register for a Pre-Sessional English course

If you have an English language condition on your offer or would like to improve your English study skills, you may wish to consider registering for one of our Pre-Sessional English courses.

Arrange Accommodation

International students who are new to the UK are given priority for a room in one of our Halls of Residence, as long as they apply for accommodation by 26th May 2017. You can apply for a room through your MyApplication portal.

Some students may prefer alternative types of accommodation.


Sign up for Orientation

Sign up for our Orientation programme for International and EU students via your MyApplication portal. Orientation takes place the week before the start of your course and is a great way to meet new people, explore the local area and learn about AUB and British culture.

Pay your Fees

If you pay your annual course fees in full on or before 1st August 2017 then you’’ll receive a 10% discount; full details are available in the tuition fees page. You can also choose to pay your fees in 3 termly instalments.

You may also want to see if any scholarships are available to you.

Apply for a Visa

If you need a visa to study in the UK, you will need to read the Visas and Immigration section of our website for guidance and prepare to make your application.

Make sure you have Medical Cover

If you will be studying at AUB on a Tier 4 visa and are required to pay the Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) as part of the application process, you will be covered for any National Health Service (NHS) medical you receive whilst in the UK on your Tier 4 visa.

If you are coming to AUB on a Short-term study visa, or do not need a visa to study in the UK, you may need to take out a comprehensive medical insurance policy, which will cover you for both NHS and private medical care in the UK for the length of the policy.

Even if you are covered by the IHS, you may decide to take out a comprehensive medical insurance policy so you can access private medical care quickly if you need it. An insurance policy would also cover you in the rare event that you need to be transported back to your country due to an illness or injury, but are too unwell to travel by yourself.

For more information about medical care and cover during your studies, we recommend you read UKCISA’s advice on how the UK medical system works and how to make sure you are covered.