You will receive a letter and a notification to your ‘My Application’ from us with details of our decision.
Accepting Your Offer
If we have decided to offer you a place you can view details about your offer on the MyApplication portal.
If you have applied directly to AUB using our Direct Online Application, you can accept your offer through your MyApplication portal.
If you applied through UCAS, you will need to accept your offer through UCAS track: https://track.ucas.com/
Your offer may be conditional on you successfully completing a current course of study or achieving a specified English language level. Please send the results from your exams to Admissions as soon as they are available.
We recommend that English language tests are taken at an early date (March to May), this would give you a chance to sign up for our 13 week Pre-Sessional English course, starting in June, if you underscore on your English language test. We also have 5 week Pre-Sessional English course that starts in August, although this has slightly higher English language requirement so make sure you plan in advance so you can join the correct course for your English language level.
If your offer is conditional, you can accept your offer before you meet the conditions. We recommend that you do not wait until you have met the conditions of your offer before you accept it.
If you decide to accept your place with us, you will want to know when your course starts, what to bring with you and lots of other details. Do not worry – we will send you a Starter Pack during the summer which will give you all the information you need to get ready for your first days with us.
Once you have accepted your offer, the International Office will be in regular contact via email and your MyApplicaiton portal to give you all the information you need about accommodation, your visa application (if applicable), Orientation and your arrival. However, you might want to use the following checklist to make sure you are on track with preparations:
January to April
- Make sure you accept your offer to study at AUB, even if it is still Conditional.
- You will be sent details about AUB accommodation available to you and booking requests will open on your MyApplication portal (usually in March).
- Plan how you are going to meet our English language requirement (if applicable), book a test and register for a Pre-Sessional course, if needed. Remember to take the correct English language test.
- Keep up-to-date with all things International by liking us on Facebook and joining the conversation!
May to June
- If you want to live in our Halls of Residence, make sure to request a room before the deadline (late May)! If you do not want to live in our Halls of Residence then have a look at the AUB Student Pad to find out what other accommodation is available and register for an Accommodation Day to find new housemates.
- Start to prepare for your visa application (if applicable). Find out what the requirements are and what documents you will need to prepare, especially for your Financial Evidence. All visa applications require a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) number which you will need to request from AUB once you have received an Unconditional offer to study with us and paid your deposit.
- You will receive more information about our Orientation programme, usually in May. If you would like to come, make sure you book through your MyApplication portal. Remember, Orientation is compulsory for Tier 4 visa students.
- Look out for your Pre-Arrival Guide – this will be sent to your through your MyApplication portal and will include lots of useful information about preparing for your arrival, studying at AUB and living in the UK so have a good read!
- If you applied for a room in our Halls of Residence, you should hear whether you have been allocated a room by late June. Make sure that you accept the offer of a room as soon as possible and complete any paperwork to secure your place.
- If you have a Conditional offer to study with us, make sure to send us your new certificate or transcript as soon as you have it, so we can change your offer to Unconditional!
July to September
- Submit your visa application in good time to make sure you can start your course on time. You can submit your visa application up to 3 months before the start of your course. Remember, you can contact the International Student Adviser for advice and guidance about your visa application if you have any questions.
- Plan how you are going to travel to the UK or Bournemouth and book flights and transport. There will be information about this in the Pre-Arrival Guide. Don’t forget to book your Free Airport Taxi!
- You should receive a Pre-Arrival pack in August by email, which will contain information about the beginning of your course and more.
- Make sure you have ordered a bedding pack and other essential items for your accommodation, if you need them.
- Email the International Office if you have any other questions – we are always happy to help!