In collaboration with the UK’s GREAT Britain campaign, the British Council is offering up to 35 full tuition scholarships over a broad range of subjects. This is a great opportunity for Indian students wishing to access a UK university education.
Arts University Bournemouth will be able to nominate three of our applicants for the scholarship. The British Council Panel will then decide who will win the 35 GREAT scholarships, from the pool of all nominations from UK universities.
AUB has no control over who will ultimately win these scholarships, we can only nominate three of our applicants for the award/s.
Find out more information on the British Council’s website.
The GREAT Scholarships 2019 are for prospective students enrolling into participating UK higher education institutions on full-time undergraduate or postgraduate courses starting in September or October 2019.
For undergraduate students, the scholarship covers the tuition fee for the first year of study only.
For postgraduate students, the scholarship covers the full tuition fee for one-year master’s degrees, or the tuition fee for the first year of two-year master’s degrees.
Please note, other costs, such as travel and living expenses, are not covered by the scholarship and are the responsibility of the student.
- Applicants must have completed their secondary education in India
- Applicants must be Indian passport holders and resident in India at the time of application
- Applicants should have an excellent academic and extra-curricular track record
- Applicants should demonstrate leadership qualities and potential
You will also need to:
- Be holding a conditional or unconditional offer of a place at AUB for a full-time BA or MA
how to apply
- Submit your application to Arts University Bournemouth (via UCAS for undergraduate or directly through our website for postgraduate applications)
- Please note the above eligibility criteria which the British Council Panel will be using
- Once you have received an offer from us (either Conditional or Unconditional), please complete the form below
- The deadline to complete the below form is 8th May 2019 (this means you must have made an application to one of our courses, and received an offer from us, before this date)
- We will then decide our three nominations to be sent to the British Council Panel by 15th May 2019.
- Those three nominations will be given the British Council scholarship application form, which they will need to complete by 31st May 2019.
- The scholarship winners will be announced by the British Council by 7th July 2019.
OTHER DISCOUNTS AND SCHOLARSHIPS
Details of other scholarships and discounts are available here
Scholarships come in the form of payment of the tuition fees and are not cash awards. Scholarships are valid for September 2019 entry only and cannot be deferred. We ask that if you are successful in winning the scholarship that you pay one terms tuition fees as a deposit, on successful completion of the degree you will be refunded the deposit.
Email the International Team with any questions.