This page explains the application process for studying at AUB on exchange. Your application to study on exchange at AUB can be broken down into 4 steps.
The different stages of the exchange application process and shown below. Remember, you should prepare and submit your application in discussion with the Exchange Coordinator at your home institution, who can tell you about any internal processes or requirements your university may have for outgoing exchange students.
1. Choose which AUB course you want to study on exchange
Most students will usually study a course of the same or very similar title to their own course at their home institution, but others may decide that a different course will be helpful to their studies; for example a Photography student might study Fine Art, or an Illustration student might study Animation. Remember, any course you choose to study at AUB on exchange must be relevant to your creative practice and be agreed by the Departmental Coordinator at your home institution. If you aren’t sure which course you would like to study, you can browse our BA (Hons) courses.
2. download the APPLICATION documents and prepare your application
To apply to study on Exchange at AUB, you will need to prepare the following documents:
- A completed Exchange Application Form (links to download on the right-hand side of this page)
- A letter of recommendation from your home institution
- Your most recent academic transcript
- Evidence of your English Language level (if applicable)
- A copy of the photo-page of your passport & passport number
- A portfolio of your current work (this can be submitted either as an attachment by email or as a web-link to an online portfolio)
3. Submit your exchange application to AUB
Make sure you give yourself plenty of time to submit your application before our application deadlines:
- To study at AUB in the Autumn Semester: 30th April
- To study at AUB in the Spring Semester: 31st October
Completed applications should be submitted by email.
If you have missed the above dates you could apply to AUB as a Study Abroad student.
4. Your application will be assessed by the course team
Once our Exchange Coordinator has received your application, it will be forwarded on to the relevant course team at AUB for their consideration. We aim to respond with a decision on all exchange applications within 3 to 4 weeks of the application deadline.
If we are oversubscribed and all of our free exchange places have been filled you will be advised of the Study Abroad options available to you.