This specialist course is designed to get you and your camera out of auto-mode, into the studio and in control of both your camera and the environment around you.
Course dates: 27 July-7 August 2020
Course Fees: £1,995
Including residential programme: £2,895
This photography course is designed to get you and your camera out of auto-mode, into the studio and in control of both your camera and the environment around you.
Designed to help you make a huge leap forward in your photography, the course will develop your understanding of the creative processes necessary to create stunning studio shots, furthering your knowledge in composition, framing, subject and lighting.
Explore camera functions, equipment, colour, workflow management, and studio lighting. Experiment in portraiture, still-life, and product photography, whilst developing your own creativity and ideas.
Utilising industry-standard photographic equipment, you will begin to appreciate the controlled environment that photographers use. You will have access to various lighting and portable flash equipment, as well as ancillary photographic equipment. You will also be introduced to image post-production platforms, such as Adobe Lightroom.
The course includes:
- Understand what makes a successful photography studio
- Studio photography for a variety of genres: Advertising, product, still-life and portraiture
- Backgrounds and props
- Camera controls, advanced features and ancillary equipment
- Controlling lighting and colour using flashlights, flash and strobes
- Composition and framing the subject
- The lens, focusing length, depth of field and field of view.
- Metering and histograms
- Colour temperature and white balance
- Benefit from our fully-equipped photography studios
- Post-production and editing platforms
- Improving observational skills
- Explore new creative technologies and techniques
- Make new friends and learn from others
- Gain credits towards your studies
- 40 hours of creative learning and teaching
- All course materials, resources and equipment
- Latest creative digital programmes
- Access to library and learning resources
- Graduation Ceremony
- Certificate of Attendance
- Provide you with a solid foundation of understanding in-camera control in a studio environment.
- Provide a technical understanding of camera functions.
- Develop knowledge and understanding through a series of practical exercises.
Course Materials and Resources
All course materials, equipment and course trips are included in the course fee.
Students will be taught in professional art and design studios and digital suites, with access to our library and online resources.
Course outcomes and assessments
Work produced during the course will be collated into a digital journal for students to add to their portfolio or for future development.
All students with 100% course attendance will be issued with an official Summer Course Certificate detailing course contents and study hours.