We have made the difficult decision to cancel all of our Summer Courses for this year due to the global Covid-19 situation.
If you were hoping to join a summer course 2020 for a taster of AUB life as you were considering joining as a full-time student in the future, please get in touch.
We are happy to answer any questions, to give advice and useful information. We can even arrange a chat for you with one of our international or academic team.
Details of our Summer Courses 2021 will be available soon. Join our mailing list for the latest updates.
Contact: email@example.com or call: +44 1202 363831
Course Fees: £2,295
Including residential programme: £3,495
For students aged 15+
Develop a comprehensive portfolio of art and design work as well as increased confidence in your artistic abilities in this multi-disciplinary course.
Designed for those with an interest in studying creative arts who are undecided about which area they wish to focus upon, this course gives you the chance to try out a variety of creative disciplines – and at the same time strengthen your portfolio for a foundation course or degree.
Through a range of practical projects in different arts subjects you will be encouraged to develop your own ideas, enhance your creative skills and knowledge whilst building a body of work for your portfolio. You will be guided through a variety of creative approaches and processes including practical exercises in the areas of art, design, illustration, photography and fashion.
You’ll also be advised on the best way to showcase your work and collate a digital and physical portfolio. Working in our specialist art and design studios will help to familiarise you with the equipment and resources used in creative arts subjects giving you confidence in your creative abilities and strong preparation for your next level of creative arts study.
Your course tutors will offer guidance and support on creative applications, as well as feedback on your artwork and advice on your future creative studies.
- Practical workshops and themed projects
- Sketchbooks: creative ideas development
- Typography and design, experiments in composition and collage
- Drawing and illustration, graphic design
- Fashion and textiles
- Photography and film
- Architecture and 3D Design
- Mixed media and printmaking
- Layout and portfolio showcase
- Portfolio review and creative arts progression advice
The course aims to:
- Enable you to develop a portfolio of work in a variety of art and design disciplines to demonstrate your skills and creative identity.
- Provide extended practical sessions to experiment with artistic processes in a professional Higher Education setting.
- Develop your drawing and observational skills to enhance your aesthetic awareness and inform your research and design activities.
- Develop your critical and contextual awareness of different approaches within art and design related subjects.
- Enhance your knowledge of appropriate and safe use of a wide range of media, materials and technologies used to develop creative solutions.
- Provide opportunities for self-evaluation and critique to enhance your confidence and reflective skills when considering yours and others work.
- Increase your confidence when articulating your ideas and presenting your portfolio for review and interview.
- Provide an understanding of the different types of jobs available to you in the creative industries.
Course materials and resources
All course materials and resources are included in the course fee including your sketchbook and A3 portfolio folder.
Students will be taught in professional art and design studios and digital suites, with access to our library and online resources.
Course outcomes and assessment
Students will leave the course with a physical A3 art portfolio and digital portfolio containing their work for interview submission or future development.
Portfolio review with course tutor.
All students with 100% course attendance will be issued with an official Summer Course Certificate detailing course contents and study hours.