You are using an outdated browser. Most of this website should still work, but after upgrading your browser it will look and perform better.
Check out the course dates and fees for this 2-week full-time course below, including our popular residential package.
Monday 31 July 2023 – Friday 11 August 2023
- Course fee only: £1,499
- Course fee including residential and half-board catering package: £2,199
Please note, you can secure your place on the course today with just a £695 deposit.
When you book this course today you have the opportunity to experience life as a university student by opting for the residential package, which aims to give our summer students a taste of life as a full-time #AUBMAKER.
Residential package includes:
- Half-board catering (breakfast and lunch)
- Single study bedroom with private en-suite bathroom in AUB Halls of Residence, situated on AUB's campus
- Halls of Residence Wi-Fi
- 24-hour on-site security staff and live-in AUB residential staff (help is available 24/7)
- Optional taxi transfer from the airport
- Social activities and excursions
Take a look at AUB’s Halls of Residence, just click on the Campus Halls option.
If you wish to include accommodation and/or a taxi transfer from the airport in your summer course booking, simply select the residential option when you book your place.
About this course
You’ll have the opportunity to develop your artistic expression, experiment with different mediums, and will give you the confidence to produce a comprehensive portfolio of work in a variety of creative areas.
Through a range of practical projects in different arts subjects, you'll be encouraged to develop your own ideas, enhance your creative skills and knowledge whilst building a body of work for your portfolio. You'll be guided through a variety of creative approaches and processes including practical exercises in the areas of art, design, illustration, photography and fashion.
You'll work on a series of themed projects across a mixture of art subjects to allow you to experiment and explore your own creative identity whilst also developing your understanding of key creative processes to enhance your work.
Course highlights include:
- Practical workshops and themed projects
- Sketchbooks: creative ideas development
- Typography and design, experiments in composition and collage
- Drawing and Illustration
- Graphic design
- Fashion and textiles
- Photography and film
- Architecture and 3D design
- Mixed media and print making
- Layout and portfolio showcase
- Portfolio reviews
- Develop confidence in your abilities and develop a varied portfolio of creative work to demonstrate your skills and creative identity that you can use towards further study, university applications or to help inform your artistic direction.
- Provide extended practical sessions to experiment with artistic processes in a professional Higher Education setting.
- Develop your drawing and observational skills to enhance your aesthetic awareness and inform your research and design activities.
- Develop your critical and contextual awareness of different approaches within art and design related subjects.
- Enhance your knowledge of appropriate and safe use of a wide range of media, materials and technologies used to develop creative solutions.
- Provide opportunities for self-evaluation and critique to enhance your confidence and reflective skills when considering yours and others work.
- Increase your confidence when articulating your ideas and presenting your portfolio for review and interview.
- Provide an understanding of the different types of jobs available to you in the creative industries.
All course materials and equipment are included in the course fee.
You’ll be taught in our state-of-the-art industry-standard art and design studios and digital suites, with access to AUB’s library and online resources.
Work produced during the course will be collated into a portfolio and/or digital journal for you to add to your portfolio or for future development.
Your course tutors will offer guidance and support you with your creative applications, as well as feedback on your work and offer advice for your future creative studies.
If you complete the course 100% course attendance you'll be issued with an official AUB summer course certificate detailing course contents and study hours.
During your course we'll arrange for you to attend a talk with our friendly team here at AUB where you’ll have all your burning questions about how to progress to study full-time at AUB answered.
Whilst studying your Summer Course you're guaranteed to receive a pre-application interview and portfolio review for the course(s) of your choice. If you're made an offer to continue your studies at AUB we'll handle your application, so you don’t have to, therefore completely removing the stress of applying to university!
Courses that you may be interested in include:
All you need to know about studying your summer course
Why choose AUB for your summer course?
We're a first-choice provider of residential and online courses for students wishing to engage in a creative course experience
Residential packages for summer courses
Experience life as an AUB student by booking a residential package as part of your Summer Course. Stay in AUB's halls of residence.
Entry requirements for summer courses
Entry requirements for Summer Courses, including English Language requirements
Booking your summer course place
How to book your summer course and payment options
Guidance on how to book your Summer Course and the payment options available.
Summer courses FAQs
These FAQs have been carefully curated to answer any questions you may have about studying a creative summer course with us here at AUB.
Booking terms and conditions
Please read our Terms and Conditions before booking a summer course.