Monday 23rd July – Friday 3rd August 2018
Creativity is at the heart of daily life and helps us all look at the world in new interesting ways, from the clothes we wear to the films we watch.
Our two-week inclusive residential course has been specifically designed for young students with a keen interest in the arts, providing them with an exciting experience to explore creative pathways and develop skills for the future.
Over two weeks, the summer school will deliver an exciting hands-on course, combining creative teaching with stimulating workshops and practical sessions.
You will be encouraged to experiment with a variety of arts subjects, giving you the chance to explore your own creative style and your understanding of the creative process, from idea development to finished piece.
Through discussions, presentations and creative multi-disciplinary projects, you will produce work for your portfolio and develop skills that benefit your current school studies and beyond – such as research and analysis, problem solving and working in groups.
The course includes:
- 80 hours of creative learning and teaching
- All course materials, resources and equipment
- Arts Portfolio and Sketch book
- Latest creative digital programmes
- Library and learning resources
- All transport and entry admissions for organised study trips
- Orientation event
- Graduation Ceremony
- AUB Certificate of Attendance
You will gain experience in different art subjects using a variety of media, processes and techniques.
Sessions will include:
- Graphic Design
- Digital Photography
- Print Making
- Mixed Media
- Adobe Packages
- Stop Motion Animation
A series of themed projects will give you the opportunity to form a greater understanding of the connections between creative arts and other subjects, as well as the influence of creative processes in the world.
- Develop your understanding of creative processes
- Increase confidence in your artistic abilities
- Improve drawing and observational skills
- Appreciate research for ideas development
- Explore new creative technologies and techniques
- Problem solving and responding to a creative brief
- Gain credits towards your studies
Afternoon Creative Sessions
Afternoon creative sessions will take place on campus before dinner in which you can enjoy a range of pre-planned activities including:
- Theatre & Dance
- Performance Design
- Digital Design Workshops
- Sketchbook Development
- Prosthetic Makeup
- 3D Model Making
The two-week course is fully residential and includes your course, University accommodation and a social programme of activities and events:
University Accommodation (Halls of Residence)
- Private study bedroom with en-suite bathroom
- Welcome Pack
- All meals and snacks (full board)
- Return Airport transfer with Meet and Greet service
- Private Daily transport to and from campus
Social Programme (Evenings and Weekends)
- Social and cultural activities
- Sports sessions
- Weekend Day trips
Additional Education Support
- Individual Assessment Reports
- Certificate of Attendance
- Summer Graduation Ceremony
- Official Photographs
- Portfolio Review
At the end of the course, there will be an exhibition of all work produced, with group discussions and individual critiques to reinforce key concepts and skills learnt during course.
You will receive an individual assessment report which, if you are studying the IB or similar qualification can be used to gain credits at your current school, and a graduation ceremony will take place in which you will be awarded your AUB Certificate of Attendance.
You will also leave the course with a comprehensive portfolio of work you have produced for further development.
For further details on this course take a look at our Summer Courses Guide.
Note: the fee for this course includes residential fees.