Semester Study Abroad courses are for students and professionals who wish to spend time abroad, developing their creative skills and gaining credits towards their university degree, but do not necessarily want to spend 2-3 years in another country.
Students are fully integrated with our BA (Hons) students in an exciting, creative University environment.
This highly practical Semester Study Abroad Acting course provides those aspiring to be successful actors with a thorough preparation for a career in acting.
Actor training in the United Kingdom is recognised worldwide for its tradition of excellence. Come and experience this first hand at one of the UKs top specialist arts training institutions. Working alongside the full-time BA (Hons) Acting students and using our outstanding facilities, you will develop specialist knowledge and skills in a creative studio environment. Depending on the term you wish to study with us you may engage with practical studies such as:
- Acting Fundamentals – improvisation and exercises exploring basic skills and concepts
- Psychological Realism – Script analysis, scene study and performance from a Stanislavskian approach.
- Recorded Performance 1 – Approaches to performing for the camera.
- Shakespeare Workshop – Exploration of heightened texts through practical explorations and scene study.
- Actor and Audience – Through practical exercises and devised processes you will question the nature of the theatrical event and its intent. Units of movement, voice and singing classes support the other units of study.
Previous experiences in acting and sufficient English language skills are required and certain other prerequisites may apply to some units. Portfolios or a videotaped audition are required from all prospective candidates who wish to do a Study Abroad Acting course at the Arts University. The portfolio’s purpose is to show us how you communicate and translate ideas visually. Your portfolio will be reviewed by the course leader and a panel who will determine the most appropriate year of study in the course for each candidate.
Other type of programmes, such as bespoke courses are also available. For more information or to apply for a course contact us on +44 1202 853608 or email firstname.lastname@example.org