This course is designed to help you master everything you need to know to successfully produce exhibition-quality photographic digital prints.
Learn how to make the most of your images, and how to print your digital files to the highest level of perfection, from a master digital printmaker.
You will develop an eye for the aesthetics of photographic printmaking, and learn how to look at — and what to look for — in great prints.
The emphasis will be on using tools and techniques to advance your personal creative vision.
On completion of the course you will have attained an expanded understanding of the hidden potential in your images, and the knowledge you need to get the results you’re looking for when you return home.
Topics covered will include:
- Editing as part of the creative process
- Overcoming the limits of colour management
- Common printing pitfalls and their solutions
- From a work print to a master print
- Developing a consistent body-of-work
- Print finishing, handling and storage
No prior printing experience is necessary.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING
Please bring to the first session:
- A pen and notepad.
- A USB stick with a selection of your own images (ideally in RAW format) that you would like to work with.
26th January – 30th March 2017
Maximum 12 students
If you would like to receive a Short Courses Z-Card please get in touch.