This course will help you understand how brands are built, managed and communicated from a creative point of view.
You will be introduced to creative branding, brand integration & branded marketing in its various forms. The importance of creativity in branding will be explored and you will gain an understanding of how to communicate and understand brands from a visual perspective.
During this introductory course in creative branding and marketing, your tutor, Daniel Butler, will demonstrate real Case Studies where you will explore how Brand Identity works alongside Target Marketing and Marketing Campaigns.
This practical course will introduce you to innovative brand marketing campaigns, allowing you a good foundation in creating, managing and marketing a brand.
You will have the option to choose to create your own Personal branding campaign, Project branding or Corporate branding assignment and will develop ideas and proposals for integrated marketing communications.
THE COURSE INCLUDES
- Understanding how to design effective and visually appealing logos, corporate colour schemes, conceptualize images for print and web publication
- Exploring website design, website creation frameworks, social media marketing, design flyers, business cards and posters
- Demographics & Psychographics, Target Marketing, Customer profiling and acquisition
- Advertising, Promotion and Brand-Community Growth and Development
Autumn term: Saturday 11th, 18th & 25th Nov, 2nd & 9th December 2017
Spring term: Saturday 20th Jan, 3rd & 17th Feb, 3rd & 17th March 2018
The course aims to:
- Provide the theory behind cohesive and consistent, effective branding and marketing
- Enable the conceptualization of effective brands and marketing-mix campaigns
- Enhance the creation process and existing brands and marketing-mixes efficacy
- Develop a holistic approach to a brand and its communicable characteristics
- Create Brands that work for their Target Market
Course Outcomes & Assessment
- A working understanding of Branding
- A working understanding of Marketing
- A Proof-of-concept branding and marketing project
- All students with 100% course attendance will be issued with an official AUB Short Course Certificate of Attendance detailing course contents, and study hours
This introductory course assumes students possess no previous knowledge and is suitable for beginners, however a basic understanding of PCs/MACs, Adobe Design Software will be beneficial. This course is not centered around software tutelage.
All course materials are included in the course fee.