An introductory course developed to help you release your personal styles by using different mediums and methods of creating traditional art.
Experiment with different techniques and materials to express yourself and make your creative journey a personal one.
Your tutor Sarah Shirtcliffe, who has practiced Illustration and Visual Art for over 10 years will give you an insight in to designing, planning and creating experimental art. This will allow you the freedom to fully experiment with researching and gathering concepts, brainstorming and designing works followed by creating your ideas using collage, drawing, painting, pen work and mixed media, while having a flexible structure already in place to work from.
During the 10-week course you will enter the world of Art and Design where you will explore how to be structurally creative, embrace diversity, collect objects and ideas to expand upon and make the work your own, record every idea then use your developed inspirations to create experimental artwork based around your own findings and thoughts.
Each lesson will start with a reflection on the last session progressing to a showing of works created, ideas, concepts and what it represents.
THE COURSE INCLUDES
- How to use different materials
- Drawing from still life
- Illustration and Text
- Research and development of ideas
- Sketch Books
- Talk about your ideas and get constructive feedback
Autumn term: Wednesday 11th October – 13th December 2017
Spring term: Wednesday 17th January – 21st March 2018
The course aims to:
- Help to gain skills to use different materials
- Boost confidence
- Deliver basic colour theory including complimentary colours
- Enable students to experiment with various mediums
- Enhance your ability by exploring new methods
- Develop new skills and explore and expand your own potential
Course Outcomes & Assessment
- Experimenting with different mediums and methods to define which suits you.
- Understanding different artistic processes
- Define and determine which areas you wish to pursue
- All students with 100% course attendance will be issued with an official AUB Short Course Certificate of Attendance detailing course contents, and study hours.
There are no entry requirements to join this course, just plenty of enthusiasm.
What You Need To Bring
A4 sketchbook, drawing pencils, inks, pens/felt tips, eraser, sharpener, craft knife, sharp scissors, oil pastels, acrylic/watercolour paint, small canvas board and a selection of brushes.
All other course materials are included in the course fee.