Adobe After Effects is an industry standard animation, compositing, motion graphics and visual effects application widely used in film, TV and web based applications.
This course is designed for those with a working knowledge of video post-production and still graphic production who wish to add animation, visual effects, colour correction and motion graphic elements to their work.
On the course you will be introduced to the basics of screen layout and interface, layer based workflow, tool palette and export settings, allowing you to quickly progress to real-world exercises that will familiarise you with the software while building your actual practical skills in these areas.
You will be shown how to integrate your work with the other Adobe packages, enabling you to work in both bitmap and vector formats, as well as how to correctly format work for use in non-Adobe packages.
Each session will cover a specific area, with examples, and will be followed by a practical mini brief to enhance your design and practical skills.
The sessions will cover:
- Animation & Motion Graphics – animating in AE using shapes, utilising bitmaps and vectors, keyframing, animating text and images.
- Compositing – combining still and moving images to create composite video work, utilising 2.5D to create 3D layers and effects, colour correction, using masks, understanding blending modes and transparency channels.
- Visual Effects – including chroma-key, digital effects, particle systems and an introduction to motion tracking.
- Pre-formatted and prepared video examples will be provided for use in the projects.
What you need to bring
Notepad and pen, laptop or similar tablet device and media storage device (8Gb minimum recommended).
- Wednesday 25th January – 29th March 2017
Maximum 14 students
If you would like to receive a Short Courses Z-Card please get in touch.