This course is designed for those new to the world of 3D computer modelling or those who want to refresh or hone their skills; ideal for architects, interior designers, design professionals, those interested in animation and those wanting to explore their potential.
3D Studio Max is an industry standard three-dimensional modelling, animation and rendering application. It enables the user to create, render in a variety of materials, and animate virtually anything. It is widely used in engineering, product design, architecture, film and animation.
This course is designed for those new to the world of 3D computer modelling or those who want to refresh or hone their skills; ideal for architects, interior designers, design professionals, model makers, those interested in animation and those wanting to explore a new skill.
During the course, you will be introduced to the basics of 3D Studio Max, perfect for those who are new to this area, or those who wish to refresh their skills in 3D modelling and visualisation. Starting with the basic layout of the program, you will then learn the processes of creating basic objects and the modification tools that can be used on them, moving onto creating models with the editable poly modelling tools and then the animation tools within the program.
From the modelling and animation of objects you will move on to the creation of materials and basic application as well as the use of lights.
THE COURSE INCLUDES
- Methods of Modelling – Using and understanding the different methods of modelling within 3D Studio Max which can be applied to Architecture, Product Design, Organic Modelling and other areas including creating models to take to other programs
- Animation techniques – Including character animation and further camera animation
- Material application – You will explore and expand on your understanding of the Unwrap UVW mapping system
Autumn term: Monday 9th October – 11th December 2017
Spring term: Monday 15th January – 19th March 2018
- You will also learn valuable real world hints and tips acquired over years of experience in 3D Studio Max.
- Cover all main topic areas, as well as best practice principles.
- Throughout the course you will have the chance to create your own item as you develop your skills or practice the methods and tools that you learn during the sessions.
- To provide a set of tasks each session in which to practice and consolidate your understanding. Students are walked through each process to completion.
- Practical – The students are expected, with support from the tutor, to gain independence within each category taught.
Course Outcomes & Assessment
- The goal of this course is to give the student a comprehensive overview, understanding and hands-on experience working with 3D Studio Max.
- By the end of the course you will have a greater understanding of some of the most commonly used techniques within the program and feel confident in modelling, animating and the mapping of objects.
- All students with 100% course attendance will be issued with an official AUB Short Course Certificate of Attendance detailing course contents, and study hours.
This course is designed for those new to the world of 3D computer modelling or those who want to refresh or hone their skills.
This course will be of more benefit to you if you have access to a computer with 3D Studio Max program – outside of the class in order to practice your skills between sessions.
All course materials are included in the course fee.