After successful completion of this course, students will be awarded the UAL Diploma in Art and Design Foundation Studies.
This is a fast-track preparatory course in Art, Design and Media, with an option to study an integrated programme of English language tuition, alongside the creative aspects of the course.
Students will develop their creative skills and produce a professional portfolio of work, ready to progress to one of our degree courses within just 24 weeks.
6th January 2020 – 19th June 2020
Tuition fee and discounts
|Full fee for paying in instalments (0% discount)||Early payment OR Progression discount (10% discount)||Early payment AND Progression discount (10% + 10% discount)|
- Overseas (Non-EU) students who successfully complete this course will obtain a 10% fee reduction each year they are enrolled in one of our BA courses.
- We welcome applications from students from the European Union. EU students are reminded that they may alternatively be entitled to study the one-year Foundation Diploma, starting in September 2019, under the same fee arrangements as UK students. This is not guaranteed, and will depend on negotiations between the EU27 and the UK government.
What you'll study
You’ll study full-time for three to five days a week and have access to the library and AUB campus for independent study on the other days of the week. The course is split into three stages – an exploratory stage, pathway stage and final project.
Course highlights include:
- Specialist technical workshops in Fine Art, Graphic Design and Illustration, Fashion and Textiles, 3D Making and Lens Based Media
- Small group tuition
- English language options
- Intensive, compact course
- Guaranteed place on an undergraduate degree at AUB*
Watch Our Video
What students are doing
Want to know what it’s like to study on this course? Take a look at the posts below to find out more from our students.
A window into our community...
Staff On The Course
Our lecturers and technicians are experts in their fields. You can find out more about the teaching staff on this course by exploring their profiles below.
Course Leader - Intensive Foundation Diploma (IFD)
Rachael graduated with a first class honours degree in Contemporary Craft from MMU specialising in textiles, ceramics and metals. She has worked and exhibited as a maker, her current practice is informed by her interests in form, process and print and explores repair. Rachael has taught at a number of local colleges and has lectured at AUB since 2002, where she is currently course leader on the Intensive Foundation Diploma course. Rachael has extensive experience of designing, gaining funding...Full profile