Dreamweaver is the most powerful web design software available. It allows you to publish and create interactive projects, without much prior technical experience.
You will learn how to plan and design your website effectively for desktop and mobile devices. We will teach you how to create a really inviting home page and how Dreamweaver works closely with Photoshop to create web optimised graphics. You will learn how to create and produce exciting content for your pages, which will encourage people to visit your site. Content will consist of both text and pictures, and you will be taught how to use and prepare both.
This course assumes that you have no prior knowledge of HTML, CSS or Dreamweaver, but a basic understanding of Photoshop would be useful. We will provide you with the training that will help you become an excellent web designer.
Using a variety of means, such as hyperlinks, rollovers and image maps you will be shown how you can link one page with another, and build links from your site to an email address.
You will also be given an introduction to Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) as means of not only styling text, but also positioning objects within a web site. The tutor will also show you how to buy a domain and choose the best hosting provider for your project. Finally, you will be shown how to send your website live and to promote it, using basic digital marketing techniques.
Each session will cover a specific area, with examples, and will be followed by a practical tutorial to enhance your design and practical skills. Ultimately, students will be required to produce a working website ready to upload to the world.
THE COURSE INCLUDES
Core Dreamweaver concepts
Overview of the Interface and toolset
Basic instruction of HTML & CSS
Working with Images
Working with the Assets panel and Library items
Connecting your website to the Internet, uploading and maintaining files.
Basic Digital marketing techniques for promotion
Course files & exercises to take away
Post course support via email
Spring term: Thursday 18th January – 22nd March 2018
- The aim of the course is to provide you with the ability to produce accurate and functional websites with ease
- The course has a strong emphasis on design, accessibility and search engine optimization techniques, whilst giving you a clear understanding of HTML syntax and the correct use of CSS (Cascading Style Sheets)
- You will also learn valuable real world hints and tips acquired over years of experience in the web design and development field
- Cover all main topic areas, as well as best practice principles
- Provide a set of tasks each session in which to practise and consolidate your understanding. Students are walked through each process to completion
- Practical – The students are expected, with support from the tutor, to gain independence within each category taught
Course Outcomes & Assessment
- The goal of this course is to give the student a comprehensive overview, understanding and hands-on experience working with Adobe Dreamweaver
- All students with 100% course attendance will be issued with an official AUB Short Course Certificate of Attendance detailing course contents, and study hours
This introductory course assumes students possess no previous knowledge and is suitable for beginners, or those with some previous knowledge who wish to improve their understanding.
This course will be of more benefit to you if you have access to a computer with Adobe Dreamweaver outside of the class in order to practice your skills between sessions.
Basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop would be useful but not essential.
Adobe Student discount for subscribing the Creative Cloud, is available to eligible students on short course enrolment
All course materials are included in the course fee.