October 2019 – new dates coming soon
10 evenings 6-9pm (dates tbc)
Adobe Illustrator helps you to take advantage of the precision and power of sophisticated drawing tools. This course provides you with an introduction to Adobe’s popular vector drawing application Illustrator CC.
Your tutor John Gridley will show you how to create professional quality illustrations for print and digital output. During this course, you will be guided through the basics of setting-up art boards, formatting type, drawing vector paths, understanding anchor points, curves and applying dynamic effects. Boost your productivity with the use of multiple art boards, symbols, and the ability to edit object characteristics in the appearance panel.
To support your learning, you will be shown how to integrate your work with other Adobe packages such as, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign.
Each session will cover a specific area, with examples, and will be followed by a practical tutorial to enhance your design and practical skills.
The course will culminate in the production of a portfolio of work that will highlight the skills learnt during the course.
THE COURSE INCLUDES
Core Illustrator concepts
Overview of the Interface and toolset
Creating basic Documents
Outputting your Artwork
Saving for Print, Web & Devices
Course files & exercises to take away
Post course support via email
The course aims to:
- Cover all main topic areas, as well as best practice principles.
- Provide a set of tasks each session in which to practise and consolidate your understanding. Students are walked through the process to completion.
- Practical – The students are expected, with support from the tutor, to gain independence within each category taught.
Course Outcomes & Assessment
- The goal of this course is to give the student a comprehensive overview, understanding and hands-on experience working with Adobe Illustrator.
- All students with 100% course attendance will be issued with an official AUB Short Course Certificate of Attendance detailing course contents, and study hours.
This introductory course assumes students possess no previous knowledge and is suitable for beginners, or those with some previous knowledge who wish to improve their understanding.
This course will be of more benefit to you if you have access to a computer with Adobe Illustrator outside of the class in order to practice your skills between sessions.
Adobe Student discount is available to eligible students on short course enrolment.
All course materials are included in the course fee.