Autumn term: Wednesday 17th October – 12th December 2018
Spring term: Wednesday 16th January – 20th March 2019
10 Wednesday evenings 6-9pm
Specifically designed for photographers with no prior post-production knowledge of ‘Adobe Lightroom’ to provide digital workflow solutions from capture to final output.
Using Mac computers in our specialist Photographic Digital Suite or your own laptop if desired, you will learn the most commonly used commands and techniques to improve images and also how to utilise some of the more creative effects.
This course will enable you to manage your digital workflow from capture to print and web output using Adobe Lightroom. You will learn how to import RAW files through Lightroom, to organise and process them in a completely non-destructive environment and use robust modules to output to print, slideshow or web.
You will explore the power of Lightroom automated functions, batch processing and actions scripts and examine the importance of colour management, profiling and calibration.
THE COURSE INCLUDES
- Working with RAW file formats, DNG file formats, XMP data
- File organisation
- Making collections
- Non-destructive image processing
- Slide show output
- Constructing and uploading sophisticated web galleries
The course aims to:
- Theory – The topics of interest, as well as best practice principles, are discussed with the students
- Demonstration – A set of tasks are given in each session. Students are walked through the process to completion
- Practical – The students are expected, with support from the tutor, to gain independence within each category taught
Course Outcomes & Assessment
- The goal of this course is to give the student a comprehensive overview, understanding and hands-on experience working with Adobe Lightroom
- All students with 100% course attendance will be issued with an official AUB Short Course Certificate of Attendance detailing course contents, and study hours
This introductory course assumes students possess no previous knowledge and is suitable for beginners, or those with some previous knowledge who wish to improve their understanding.
All course materials are included in the course fee.