Autumn term: Tuesday 9th October – 11th December 2018
Spring term: Tuesday 15th January – 19th March 2019
10 Tuesday evenings 6-9pm
Our intermediate photography course takes learning to new horizons.
You may have already completed the ‘Discover Photography’ introductory course and wish to build on your skills, or have the existing knowledge to start your studies at the next level.
Learning in our modern resource areas, your vastly experienced tutor will provide you with exciting opportunities to experiment and develop your photographic skills in areas such as digital photography and creative image making.
You will focus on different areas of photography, and our industry professional will share with you a different aspect of photographic practice each week, including camera functions, equipment, colour and work flow management, studio lighting, portraiture, still-life and location photography, whilst developing your own creativity and ideas.
Utilising industry standard photographic equipment, you will begin to appreciate the controlled environment that photographers use. You will have access to various lighting and portable flash equipment, as well as ancillary photographic equipment. You will also be introduced to image post-production platforms, such as, Adobe Lightroom and Adobe Photoshop.
On one of the evenings, you will join your tutor on location, to help you understand how to control light under varying conditions. Demonstrations will explain how to ‘get the best’ from your photographic and imaging equipment, whilst there will be ample opportunity to discuss your images and techniques with fellow student photographers.
Project based, supported study, followed by a final informal critique, will help you evaluate your work and look at further study opportunities or professional practice routes.
THE COURSE INCLUDES
- Extended understanding of camera controls and advanced features.
- Exploring photographic practices and genres.
- Benefits of ancillary equipment, such as, speedlights and portable flash.
- Post-production options and applications.
- Individual and group – project based assignments.
The course aims to:
- Provide you with more knowledge, skills & confidence.
- Develop your understanding and enhance creative control.
- Enhance your technical skills.
- Develop a deeper appreciation of photography.
Course Outcomes & Assessment
- Tutorials and ongoing course critique will offer you essential guidance and measure overall performance.
- All students with 100% course attendance will be issued with an official AUB Short Course Certificate of Attendance detailing course contents, and study hours.
We recommend you complete the ‘Discover Photography’ course or have an equivalent understanding of the subject; please contact the Short Course team if you wish to clarify if this course is appropriate for you.
What You Need To Bring
A digital camera (including instruction manual) with manual controls and any accompanying equipment you wish to use.
All additional course materials provided as part of the course fee.