Autumn term: Wednesday 2nd October – 4th December 2019
Spring term: Wednesday 22nd January – 25th March 2020
10 Wednesday evenings 6-9pm
This course is specifically designed for photographers with little or no prior post-production knowledge. Combining both Adobe Lightroom & Adobe Photoshop programs you will explore the most efficient and effective methods to maximise digital workflow solutions and explore the abundant creative possibilities from capture to final output.
Using Mac computers or your own laptop* if desired, you will learn and explore the most commonly used commands and techniques to improve your workflow and the myriad of creative possibilities available to give your images that wow effect!
This course will enable you to manage your digital workflow consistently from capture to output, you will learn how to import RAW files through Adobe Lightroom, to organise and process them in a completely non-destructive environment and use robust modules to export to print, slideshow or web.
You will explore the power of Adobe Photoshop working seamlessly with Adobe Lightroom and take your image editing skills to new levels. You will learn automated functions, such as batch processing, actions scripts and examine the importance of colour management, profiling and calibration. You will be introduced to working with layers, apply effects and filters to create special effects, including lighting and textures. You will explore and practise applying accurate masks, image effects, retouching images and save masks with specialised tools.
THE COURSE INCLUDES
- Working with RAW file formats, DNG file formats, XMP data
- File organisation and automation
- Making collections
- Non-destructive image processing
- Slide show output, printing and web output
- Constructing and uploading sophisticated web galleries
- Manipulation techniques
- Adjusting layer styles and effects
- Theory – The topics of interest, as well as best practice principles, are discussed with the students
- Demonstration – A set of tasks are given in each session. Students are walked through the process to completion
- Practical – The students are expected, with support from the tutor, to gain independence within each category taught
Course Outcomes & Assessment
- The goal of this course is to give the student a comprehensive overview, understanding and hands-on experience working with Adobe Lightroom & Adobe Photoshop
- All students with 100% course attendance will be issued with an official AUB Short Course Certificate of Attendance detailing course contents, and study hours
This introductory course assumes students possess no previous knowledge and is suitable for beginners, or those with some previous knowledge who wish to improve their understanding.
This course will be of more benefit to you if you have access to a computer with Adobe Lightroom & Adobe Photoshop installed in order to practice your skills between sessions.
What You Need To Bring
*If you prefer to use your own laptop, please ensure you have access to Adobe Lightroom & Photoshop programs
All course materials are included in the course fee.