Autumn term: Wednesday 7 October – 9 December 2020
Spring term: Wednesday 13 January – 17 March 2021
10 Wednesday evenings 18.00 – 21.00
This course has been created specifically for photographers with little or no post-production knowledge. Combining both Adobe Lightroom and Adobe Photoshop programs you will explore the most efficient and effective methods to maximise digital workflow solutions and explore the many creative possibilities for your images.
Using Mac computers or your own laptop* if desired, you will learn and explore the most commonly used commands and techniques to improve your workflow and the myriad of creative possibilities available to give your images maximum impact.
You will be guided through the process of how to manage your digital workflow consistently from capture to output, learning how to import RAW files through Adobe Lightroom and processing them for various exporting requirements including slideshows, for print and web use.
You will explore the power of Adobe Photoshop working with Adobe Lightroom and take your image editing skills to new levels. You will learn automated functions, such as batch processing, actions scripts and examine the importance of colour management, profiling and calibration. You will be introduced to working with layers, apply effects and filters to create special effects, including lighting and textures. You will explore and practise applying accurate masks, image effects, retouching images and save masks with specialised tools.
THE COURSE INCLUDES
- Working with RAW file formats, DNG file formats, XMP data
- File organisation and automation
- Making collections
- Non-destructive image processing
- Slide show output, printing and web output
- Constructing and uploading sophisticated web galleries
- Manipulation techniques
- Adjusting layer styles and effects
The course aims to:
- Theory – The topics of interest, as well as best practice principles, are discussed with the students
- Demonstration – A set of tasks are given in each session. Students are walked through the process to completion
- Practical – The students are expected, with support from the tutor, to gain independence within each category taught
Course Outcomes and Assessment
- To provide a comprehensive overview and understanding with hands-on experience working with Adobe Lightroom and Adobe Photoshop
- To develop a better understanding of the key features of digital workflow and increase creative potential in post-production
- To develop confidence in applying post-production techniques and utilize common actions to speed up the post-production process
- All students with 100% course attendance will be issued with an official AUB Short Course Certificate of Attendance detailing course contents, and study hours
This introductory course assumes students possess no previous knowledge and is suitable for beginners, or those with some previous knowledge who wish to improve their understanding.
This course will be of more benefit to you if you have access to a computer with Adobe Lightroom and Adobe Photoshop installed in order to practice your skills between sessions.
What You Need To Bring
If you prefer to use your own laptop, please ensure you have access to Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop programs
All course materials are included in the course fee.