Autumn term: Tuesday 1st October – 3rd December 2019
Spring term: Tuesday 21st January – 24th March 2020
10 Tuesday evenings 6-9pm
In this hands-on introductory 10-week course you will be provided with the fundamental skills-set to create relevant and creative social media content for your business that you can publish and share on the main social media channels, e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, & Instagram.
This course will delve into the psychology, and the theory behind successful social media marketing with supporting examples every week. Alongside the theory we will also look at utilising the techniques and features each social media channel offers to make your content stand out.
You will explore, identify and develop your understanding of time managing online activity and learn how to produce scheduled social media content. You will also explore a vast range of online digital tools that will significantly improve your social media management and content creation.
You will learn how to build and improve social media reach, create adverts and gain followers, how to share and store data, receive online payments and construct your own online store.
Once you have developed your skills within the course, we will put them to the test at the end through group exercises. These will use the briefs supplied to create a social media strategy from scratch from ideation to execution.
THE COURSE INCLUDES
- Building your social brand
- Understanding the potential of social media
- Creating and curating concise relevant content
- Understanding and building online reach
- Time Management and content planning
- Paid & Targeted adverts. When, how and if to use them?
- Data storage
- Social media on the go using smartphones
- Google Forms for data collecting/surveying/evaluating/online shop
- Content refining
- Group Exercise: Social Strategy aligned to the brief supplied
The course aims to:
- Provide an understanding of how to use social media effectively for your business
- Enable you to plan ahead and prepare for upcoming trends
- Enhance your advertising skills
- Develop your content strategy
Course Outcomes & Assessment
- All students with 100% course attendance will be issued with an official AUB Short Course Certificate of Attendance detailing course contents, and study hours
This course is suitable for beginners, however a basic understanding of how to use social media for personal or professional use would be preferred as this course is focused more on using social media for business, not the social media channel itself.
All course materials are included in the course fee.