This introductory course has been developed to provide you with knowledge and skills necessary to plan, execute and monitor effective digital marketing campaigns.
Whether you are from a marketing background looking to build your core skills or are just someone with an interest in understanding the basics of digital marketing, your tutor Matthew Hughes will encourage and build your confidence in using the channels.
Throughout the 10 week course you will develop an initial idea for a digital marketing strategy while following the necessary stages to give the greatest chance of success.
THE COURSE INCLUDES
- Online marketing research and personal modelling
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- How to plan a new website build
- Creation of content and simple wireframes
- Build of website
- Web Analytics
- Setting up paid search and social campaigns
- Social and content marketing
- Email marketing
Spring term: Thursday 18th January – 22nd March 2018
The course aims to:
- Theory – The topic of interest, as well as best practice principles, are discussed with the students
- Demonstration – A set of tasks are given in each session
- Students are walked through the process of completing them
- Practical – The students are expected, with support from the tutor, to build a version of the material they have been taught in each session. These are expected to come together by the end of the course to represent a digital marketing campaign structure, created entirely by the student
Course Outcomes & Assessment
- The goal of this course is to give the student an introductory hands-on experience in the major areas of digital marketing
- At the end of the course each student will have a simple project that they can continue to build and market if they desire
- Students will gain actual experience working with each of the above channels, which they can then apply to other projects in the future
- All students with 100% course attendance will be issued with an official AUB Short Course Certificate of Attendance detailing course contents, and study hours
This introductory course assumes students possess no previous knowledge and is suitable for beginners, or those with some previous knowledge and wish to improve.
All course materials are included in the course fee.