Autumn term: Monday 30th September – 9th December 2019 (excluding Monday 25/11)
Spring term: Thursday 23rd January – 26th March 2020
10 Monday or Thursday evenings 6-9pm
This introductory course has been developed to provide you with knowledge and skills necessary to plan, execute and monitor effective digital marketing campaigns.
It’ll expose you all to the vast range of tools out there that exist to make your marketing efforts more efficient and less time consuming. Along with the tools you’ll learn about you’ll also develop an understanding of the theory, rules and principles behind a variety of marketing platforms and how best to achieve great results.
Whether you are from a marketing background looking to build your core skills or are just someone with an interest in understanding the basics of digital marketing, your tutor Matthew Hughes will encourage and build your confidence in using the channels.
Throughout the 10 week course you will develop an initial idea for a digital marketing strategy while following the necessary stages to give the greatest chance of success.
THE COURSE INCLUDES
- Brand Foundations & Analysing Competitors
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Content Marketing, Blogging & Social
- Email Marketing
- Paid Advertising (Google Ads/Social)
- Planning a website & how to build landing pages
- Building a website for your business and choosing effective add-ons (Wix/WordPress)
- Introduction to User Experience
- Data & Analytics (Google Analytics, Hotjar and more)
- Inbound Marketing & CRM Management
- Creating an end-to-end marketing strategy in a group which aligns with the brief supplied
The course aims to:
- Theory – The topic of interest, as well as best practice principles, are discussed with the students.
- Demonstration – A set of tasks are given in each session. Students are walked through the process of completing them.
- Practical – The students are expected, with support from the tutor, to build a version of the material they have been taught in each session. These are expected to come together by the end of the course to represent a digital marketing campaign structure, created entirely by the student.
Course Outcomes & Assessment
- The goal of this course is to give the student an introductory hands-on experience in the major areas of digital marketing.
- At the end of the course each student will have a simple project that they can continue to build and market if they desire.
- Students will gain actual experience working with each of the above channels, which they can then apply to other projects in the future.
- All students with 100% course attendance will be issued with an official AUB Short Course Certificate of Attendance detailing course contents, and study hours.
This introductory course assumes students possess no previous knowledge and is suitable for beginners, or those with some previous knowledge and wish to improve.
All course materials are included in the course fee.