Spring term: Wednesday 22 January-25 March 2020
10 Wednesday evenings 18.00-21.00
This course will take a step-by-step approach to creating vibrant, dynamic and market relevant written content for both printed and online marketing materials.
From writing press releases to blogging for the market and slogan design the course will appeal to those working in marketing, as CPD for those in SMEs and valuable skills for start-ups. With blogging and online content also creating entrepreneurial opportunities for many there is a need to develop the skills and creativity required for these opportunities.
THE COURSE INCLUDES
- Writing Press Releases
- Writing from a brief
- Creating a design brief
- Writing short content
- Writing blog articles
- Linking from social media to websites
- Understanding AIDCA
- Writing radio ad. scripts
- Writing slogans
- Creating a creative mind
The course aims to:
Provide attendees with the skills and expertise required to write copy and content for specific business purposes and in response to briefs, to suit the needs of advertising/marketing campaigns and creating effective calls to action.
Course Outcomes & Assessment
- The goal of this course is to give the student an introductory hands-on experience in the major areas of writing copy and creating content.
- At the end of the course each student will have a portfolio of examples of creative words for business.
- Students will gain actual experience working in a number of techniques and methodologies which they can then apply to other projects in the future.
- All students with 100% course attendance will be issued with an official AUB Short Course Certificate of Attendance detailing course contents, and study hours.
This introductory course assumes students possess no previous knowledge and is suitable for beginners, or those with some previous knowledge and who wish to improve.
What You Need To Bring
A laptop or tablet plus pens and paper
All additional course materials are included in the course fee. These will include handouts and notes.