Autumn term: Thursday 8 October – Thursday 10 December 2020
Spring term: Thursday 14 January – Thursday 18 March 2021
10 Thursday evenings 18.00-21.00
Enter the world of professional creative make-up with this 10-week course designed for beginners or those who wish to sharpen their skills.
Taught in our state-of-the-art professional make-up studios, this course is ideal for the beginner wishing to enter the field of professional make-up and is designed to develop your knowledge of the make-up industry.
The focus of the course is on practical workshops to give you plenty of hands-on experience, whilst also developing your theoretical knowledge of make-up applications and techniques. This will enable you to gain a fundamental understanding of the subject; developing skills in areas such as bridal; evening and day make-up application and make-up for photo-shoots.
Your course will also cover related anatomy and physiology, cleansing, toning and moisturising, face shapes and corrective make-up techniques.
As your make-up skills progress you will explore a variety of styles including day, evening, special occasion make-up and false lash application. You will also examine various skin types and understand the importance of health, safety and hygiene. Your tutor will also advise on how to prepare for a design consultation and how to keep accurate records.
THE COURSE INCLUDES
- Health and Safety in the make-up industry
- Corrective make-up
- Day make-up application
- Evening make-up application
- Bridal make-up
- Smokey eyes
- Play with colour
- Bold lip
- Application of false lashes
- Discover the tips and trick of make-up transformation
- Introduce the basic make-up skills in all aspects of make-up applications
- Appreciate the theory of health and safety in relation to the role of the make-up artist
- Create an understanding of different skin tones and face shapes
- Identify colour theory and its importance in the make-up industry
Course Outcomes and Assessment
- Providing a range of make-up applications
- Offer make-up technique advice and promote your make-up services
- Communicating with customers and maintaining high standards of customer service
- All students with 100% course attendance will be issued with an official AUB Short Course Certificate of Attendance detailing course contents, and study hours
This introductory course assumes students possess no previous knowledge and is suitable for beginners, or those with some previous experience who wish to improve their skills.
What You Need To Bring
Your own set of professional make-up brushes (at least 10-12), personal cleanser, toner and moisturiser. tissues and cotton wool/buds, personal make-up (primer, foundation, concealer, powder, blusher, contour a range of eye shadow colours, eye and lip pencils, mascara, lipsticks/glosses, lip balm) strip lashes, glue, eye shadow primer and also disposable mascara and lip wands. Towel, makeup palette brow pencil/powder
Please contact the Short Course Office for further details on equipment, if required.
Students are welcome to bring a camera to record their work during the course.
All additional course materials are included in the course fee.