Spring term: Wednesday 22 January – Wednesday 25 March 2020
10 Wednesday evenings 18.00-21.00
An introductory course developed to help you release your personal styles by using different mediums and methods of creating traditional art.
Experiment with different techniques and materials to express yourself and make your creative journey a personal one.
Your tutor Sarah Shirtcliffe, who has practiced Illustration and Visual Art for over 10 years will give you an insight into designing, planning and creating experimental art. This will allow you the freedom to fully experiment with researching and gathering concepts, brainstorming and designing works followed by creating your ideas using collage, drawing, painting, pen and ink work and mixed media, while having a flexible structure already in place to work from.
During the 10-week course, you will enter the world of Art and Design where you will explore how to be structurally creative, embrace diversity, gather ideas to expand upon and make the work your own, record every idea then use your developed inspirations to create experimental artwork. By using your own findings and thoughts you will naturally be developing your own working style.
Each lesson will be a different subject and medium, you will be advised what to bring the previous week. This will be delivered by a brief introduction of an art movement allowing a slight structure to the experimentation of medium. Commencing each session, a reflection of the previous weeks work, and an opportunity for students to receive group and individual critique.
THE COURSE INCLUDES
- How to use different materials
- Drawing from still life
- Illustration and Text
- Research and development of ideas
- Sketch Books
- Talk about your ideas and get constructive feedback
The course aims to:
- Help to gain skills to use different materials
- Boost confidence
- Deliver basic colour theory including complimentary colours
- Enable students to experiment with various mediums
- Enhance your ability by exploring new methods
- Develop new skills and explore and expand your own potential
Course Outcomes & Assessment
- Experimenting with different mediums and methods to define which suits you.
- Understanding different artistic processes
- Define and determine which areas you wish to pursue
- All students with 100% course attendance will be issued with an official AUB Short Course Certificate of Attendance detailing course contents, and study hours.
There are no entry requirements to join this course, just plenty of enthusiasm.
What You Need To Bring
A4 sketchbook, drawing pencils, inks, pens/felt tips, eraser, sharpener, craft knife, sharp scissors, oil pastels, acrylic/watercolour paint, small canvas board and a selection of brushes.
All other course materials are included in the course fee.