Spring term: Thursday 23rd January – 26th March 2020
10 Thursday evenings 6-9pm
Develop your knowledge in film editing and compilation. Adobe Premiere Pro is a powerful and industry-standard tool used by film-makers and editors, to combine video, audio and still images.
Learn how to edit clips and sequences, add/manipulate effects and transitions, work with audio tracks, and export your results to a variety of formats.
Understanding how to use Adobe Premiere Pro gives you many advantages such as having control over all of the effects and tools available within the program.
By the end of the course you are guaranteed to work faster, more flexibly and orchestrate larger projects.
Through a series of exciting projects and workshops you will learn about starting a new project, organisation and sub-clipping, using the timeline, editing tools, video effects, colour correction and grading, titles and motion, exporting film and more.
Whether you are passionate about moving image or wish to build your skills in film editing, this course will give you a strong portfolio that shows off your skills and the confidence to start your own projects
Each session will cover a specific area, with examples, and will be followed by a practical mini brief to enhance your design and practical skills.
The Course Includes
- Learning the premiere pro workspaces, including editing, effects and colour correction
- Non-linear editing in the timeline
- Colour Correction and Grading, including LUTs
- Transitions and special effects
- Titles and animations
- In-app audio correction
- Exporting and Codecs
- You will also learn valuable real-world hints and tips acquired over years of experience in Adobe Premier Pro.
- Cover all main topic areas, as well as best practice principles.
- To provide a set of tasks each session in which to practice and consolidate your understanding. Students are walked through each process to completion.
- Practical – The students are expected, with support from the tutor, to gain independence within each category taught.
Course Outcomes & Assessment
- The goal of this course is to give the student a comprehensive overview, understanding and hands-on experience working with Adobe Premier Pro.
- All students with 100% course attendance will be issued with an official AUB Short Course Certificate of Attendance detailing course contents, and study hours.
- This introductory course assumes students possess no previous knowledge and is suitable for beginners, or those with some previous knowledge who wish to improve their understanding.
- This course will be of more benefit to you if you have access to a computer with Adobe Premier Pro installed, in which to practice your skills between sessions.
All course materials are included in the course fee.