Autumn term: Tuesday 1st October – 3rd December 2019
Spring term: Tuesday 21st January – 24th March 2020
10 Tuesday evenings 6-9pm
An insight into the world of professional modelmaking, where you will discover the processes, materials and techniques used to create amazing models, sets, landscapes and sculptures.
Taught by professional modelmakers David Speare and Takara Dancy, during the course you will have the opportunity to create a different model each week using a number of key skills used by the industry.
You will learn architectural modelmaking, landscape modeling, sculpting, mould-making, casting and set design. Working with resins, silicones, plastics and polymer clays the course encourages you to develop your own abilities, culminating in a personal project driven by you.
From sculpting and sets to architectural models, moulding figures to miniature landscapes you will be challenged to produce professional models working in a rewarding, fun and vibrant environment.
THE COURSE INCLUDES
- Mould making
- Architectural Modelmaking
- Set making
- Scale Landscapes
- To provide an introduction to the wide and varied practice of Modelmaking.
- The course is an insight into the many different aspects of commercial Modelmaking and will demonstrate the techniques used in key areas.
- Throughout the course you will have the chance to create your own example models, to develop your skills and practice the demonstrated methods.
- To cover a different area of Modelmaking is each week, providing each student with the opportunity to make something using the demonstrated techniques.
Course Outcomes & Assessment
- The goal of this course is to give the student a comprehensive overview, understanding and hands-on experience of the commercial world of modelmaking
- By the end of the course you will have a greater understanding of some of the most commonly used techniques within modelmaking and experienced hands-on practice of these techniques.
- All students with 100% course attendance will be issued with an official AUB Short Course Certificate of Attendance detailing course contents, and study hours.
This course is designed for those new to the world of Modelmaking or those who want to refresh and hone their skills.
What You Need To Bring
Basic materials will be provided for this course however; you may need to purchase larger quantities of specialist materials depending on the scale of the models produced.
All additional course materials are included in the course fee.