You are using an outdated browser. Most of this website should still work, but after upgrading your browser it will look and perform better.
In 10 weeks you’ll learn how to create your own visually enticing website using Adobe Dreamweaver, and get to grips with SEO, HTML, and CSS.
To book your place today, simply click the 'Book Now' button to be taken to AUB's secure online store, where you can complete your booking. You can also sign up to our newsletter for short course updates.
What you need to know
When does it run?
You can study this course in either the autumn or spring term. Choose your preferred term when booking.
Autumn term 2023
Monday 2 October – 4 December 2023
Spring term 2024
Monday 15 January – 18 March 2024
How long is the course?
What time will your classes be?
Where does it take place?
Classes will take place on AUB's campus.
You'll be taught in AUB's industry-standard studios with access to professional resources.
Who's this course suitable for?
This course has been developed for creatives and aspiring web designers aged 18+.
Perfect for anyone who has a passion to learn and develop their web design skills.
It's suitable if you're a beginner or if you've some previous experience with web design or WordPress and wish to develop your skills further.
Do you need previous experience or qualifications?
This is an introductory course, so no previous knowledge or experience is required.
If you'd like to discuss if this course is suitable for you, get in touch with us: firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0) 1202 363222.
How much does this course cost?
What's included in this price?
All course materials and resources.
Are there additional costs?
No, all course materials and resources are included in your course fee.
Please note, you may find it beneficial to practice your skills in between sessions. To do this, you’ll need to have access to a computer with Adobe Creative Suite installed. You can get a 7-day free trial from Adobe after which you can purchase the software starting at £51.98 per month.
What should you bring to class?
- A notebook and pen/pencils to take notes
Why should you choose this course?
- Improve your design abilities
- Come away with enhanced knowledge, skills, and confidence to create your own website using Adobe Dreamweaver and manage it, with a strong emphasis on design
- Learn how to navigate Adobe Dreamweaver and its tools with ease and how to use its functions for optimum effect
- Develop skills to enable you to create and prepare images/graphics for web use
- Develop a solid understanding of SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) and how to ensure your website is accessible
- Get to grips with HTML and the correct use of CSS (Cascading Style Sheets)
- Receive an introduction to digital marketing techniques
- Develop your technical skills and unique creative voice
- Receive expert support and guidance from your industry professional tutor at every turn
- Leave with increased confidence and the skills to continue creating beyond the course
- Study in an encouraging and friendly setting alongside 16 like-minded creatives
About this course
This practical 10-week course has been specifically developed for anyone that wishes to learn how to plan, design and create a website that’s optimised for both desktop and mobile devices. You’ll gain the necessary skills and techniques to create an inviting and visually stimulating website using Adobe Dreamweaver and Adobe XD. You’ll also learn how to use Adobe Photoshop to create beautiful web-optimised graphics, images, and text.
On this course you’ll learn how to exploit the practical and powerful application of Adobe Dreamweaver to create and produce exciting and relevant content for your website that’ll encourage and entice visitors to your site. Through a series of real-world interactive projects, you’ll learn how to use and prepare text and image-based content.
Adobe Dreamweaver is the most powerful and functional web design software available, and it allows you to publish and create interactive projects, without much prior technical experience. However, a basic understanding of Adobe Photoshop will be advantageous to assist you in preparing your images for online publication.
As the course progresses you’ll develop the skills and techniques required to become an excellent web designer. Skills you’ll cover include using hyperlinks, rollovers, and image maps, linking pages together, and building links from your site to your email address.
Your tutor, John Gridley, will introduce you to Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) as a means of styling text, and positioning objects within your website. You’ll also be guided through the process of purchasing your own domain and how to select the best hosting provider for your personal project. You’ll also learn how to publish your website and how to promote it, using essential digital marketing techniques.
In each session you’ll cover a specific area of website creation in a logical and easy to understand step-by-step manner, accompanied by examples to guide you. You’ll be guided by your tutor through practical exercises to test and practice your newly developed skills. At the end of the course, you’ll have successfully produced an operational website ready to publish.
- Fundamental Adobe Dreamweaver concepts
- Overview of Adobe Dreamweaver interface and toolset
- Basic instruction to HTML and CSS
- Working with and preparing images using Adobe Photoshop
- Working with the assets panel and library items
- Connecting your website to the Internet, uploading, and maintaining files
- Basic digital marketing techniques for promotion
- Be able to create your own website with confidence
- Have a comprehensive understanding of Adobe Dreamweaver and be able to navigate the interface and use the tools effectively and efficiently
- Understand how to incorporate a wide variety of different website elements, including branding, themes, colours, legal documentation, contact forms, social media buttons, and lots more
- Have a sound understanding of web layout options and how it affects the user experience, including accessibility and SEO
- Have increased confidence in your own skills and feel inspired
- Have boosted creativity and imagination
- Be encouraged to experiment and explore your ideas, remembering that there's no right or wrong way to be creative
- Possess the foundations to continue creating beyond this course
All students with 100% course attendance will be issued with an official AUB Short Course certificate of attendance. To request your certificate contact the short courses team: email@example.com or call 01202 363222.
After this course, you could:
- Continue to harness your creativity and develop your skills further; explore our full range of Business, Marketing and Publishing short courses
- Broaden your creative horizons and try your hand at a range of disciplines; explore our full range of evening and weekend courses
- Continue to develop your skills at home as a hobby
- You'll study at a leading specialist university – we know what we're doing when it comes to providing unparalleled courses
- Our tutors are industry professionals, so you'll learn from the best
- We cater for all abilities and have no formal entry requirements for this course, so there's nothing holding you back
- You'll learn in a safe and encouraging environment where there's no right or wrong way to be creative
- You'll learn 'by doing' and always feel fully included and supported
- Benefit from our incredible campus and its industry-standard studios, and use state-of-the-art equipment and software to unleash your creativity
Important information about evening and weekend courses
Short Courses FAQs - Evening and Weekend and Saturday Art School
If you have any questions about our Evening and Saturday Short Courses, you may find the answers in here.
Short Courses Booking Terms and Conditions
Please read our Terms and Conditions before booking onto our Evening and Weekend courses.
Information about resourcing specialist materials/consumables that you may need to bring these with you