You are using an outdated browser. Most of this website should still work, but after upgrading your browser it will look and perform better.
What you need to know
When does it run?
Wednesday 17 January – 20 March 2024
How long is the course?
What time will your classes be?
Where does it take place?
Classes will take place on AUB's campus.
You'll be taught in AUB's industry-standard studios with access to professional resources.
Who's this course suitable for?
This course has been specifically developed for anyone aged 18+ that's contemplating starting or developing a new business, and wants to learn the fundamental skills of running a business successfully
It's suitable if you're a beginner or if you have some previous experience and wish to develop your skills further.
Do you need previous experience or qualifications?
This is an introductory course, so no previous knowledge or experience is required.
If you'd like to discuss if this course is suitable for you, get in touch with us: firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0) 1202 363222.
How much does this course cost?
What's included in this price?
All course materials and resources.
Are there additional costs?
No, all course materials and resources are included in your course fee.
What should you bring to class?
- A notebook and pen/pencils to take notes
Why should you choose this course?
- Come away with knowledge of business and sales fundamentals, including the legal side of business and managing finances
- Build your confidence as a businessperson and learn how to stand out in your industry
- Develop a clear understanding of what goes into running a small business
- Identify your target customer and undertake competitor research
- Learn how to develop your brand and grow your brand's visibility
- Explore how to create your content strategy and market using email and websites
- Receive expert support and guidance from your industry professional tutor at every turn
- Leave with increased confidence and the skills to continue your business beyond the course
- Study in an encouraging and friendly setting alongside 20 like-minded creatives
About this course
This 10-week course has been specifically developed for those who are contemplating starting or developing a new business, and who want to learn the fundamental skills of running a business successfully. This course will help you to develop practical business skills and introduce you to fundamental marketing and sales practices to provide you the best possible opportunity to succeed.
This course is ideal if you're a new small business owner, contemplating starting a business soon, or want to learn the practical fundamentals of running a business so you can better understand the company you work for.
Throughout the course, you'll delve into all things business, marketing and sales. You’ll learn how to identify your target market, create products based on competitor analysis, and promote and sell using proven marketing strategies.
During the course, you’ll develop a greater understanding of managing finances and budgets, preparing for the legal responsibilities of running a business, and understand how a small business should operate effectively, efficiently, and achieve realistic profit margins.
- Niching and standing out in the industry
- Brand foundation and competitor analysis
- Identifying your target customer
- Introduction to managing finances
- Introduction to the legal side of business
- How to create a content strategy
- Using email marketing and websites to develop and grow brand visibility
- Fundamentals of selling
- Be able to demonstrate a wide range of business principles
- Possess the knowledge to grow your brand
- Have successfully identified your target customers and understand how to market to them
- Know how to create a content strategy and how best to use different channels to market, including emails and websites
- Be knowledgable in the legal side of business
- Feel confident managing your finances
- Have increased confidence in your own skills and feel inspired to take your business to the next level
- Possess the foundations to press forward with your business beyond this course
All students with 100% course attendance will be issued with an official AUB Short Course certificate of attendance. To request your certificate contact the short courses team: email@example.com or call 01202 363222.
After this course, you could:
- You'll study at a leading specialist university – we know what we're doing when it comes to providing unparalleled courses
- Our tutors are industry professionals, so you'll learn from the best
- We cater for all abilities and have no formal entry requirements for this course, so there's nothing holding you back
- You'll learn in a safe and encouraging environment where there's no right or wrong way to be creative
- You'll learn 'by doing' and always feel fully included and supported
- Benefit from our incredible campus and its industry-standard studios, and use state-of-the-art equipment and software to unleash your creativity
Meet your tutor
Important information about evening and weekend courses
Information about resourcing specialist materials/consumables that you may need to bring these with you
How to Enrol
Looking to book onto one of our Evening and Saturday courses? You’ll find everything you need to book your place here.
If you have any questions about our Evening and Saturday Short Courses, you may find the answers in here.