You are using an outdated browser. Most of this website should still work, but after upgrading your browser it will look and perform better.
- Evening and weekend courses
- Make-up and Prosthetics SFX
- The Ultimate Look
The Ultimate Look
Throughout this highly practical course, you’ll be expertly led by your tutor to master fundamental make-up techniques and gain the knowledge needed to build your skill set from the basics to more advanced level make-up designs and applications.
Please note, new dates for this course will be confirmed in April! If you'd like to be the first to know when this course is available to book, simply click the 'Register Your Interest' button and provide your details.
Throughout this course you’ll learn a multitude of practical techniques to create full looks from basic application and correction to more advanced theatrical and editorial applications, with the aim of developing your growing make-up skill set so you can apply a range of looks with confidence.
Each week will be themed to spark your imagination and encourage you to design creative looks, as well as give you a comprehensive understanding of different types of make-up looks. Themes will include vintage inspired, fashion and editorial, character make-up (with basic hair and styling tips), horror and fantasy inspired looks, and more.
Your tutor will provide hands-on demonstrations, introduce you to products and their uses and give technical support throughout.
This course is ideal for both beginners and make-up enthusiasts wanting to further their knowledge and skill set to create a digital portfolio of work.
- Health and safety in the make-up industry
- Make-up theory, including skin tones, types, face shapes, and eye shapes
- Fundamental basic techniques leading to more advanced techniques
- The choice to work on a model of your choosing (please bring a friend or family member to class with you) or self-application
- Weekly themes to include the following specialist application techniques; smoky eye, bold lip, wedding make-up, full glam, classic and vintage inspired, fashion and editorial, male grooming, character make-up (with basic hair and styling tips) trend looks, macro make-up, horror and fantasy inspired looks
- Professional photography at the end of every session for your portfolio
- Digital and printed portfolio including at least 10 different looks
- Tips on working in the industry
The course aims to:
- Introduce you to basic and more advanced make-up skills and application techniques
- Provide you with the building blocks to help further your experimentation
- Help you create a portfolio of work to showcase your learnings (minimum of 10 looks)
- Guide you through the theory behind make-up, including colour theory, face shapes, eye shapes, skin tones, types and the importance of health and safety in the industry
- Develop your skills in technical application and experimentation with make-up
- Offer guidance on etiquette and working in the industry, exploring make-up design, mood boards and research
- A comprehensive overview, understanding, and hands-on experience working with make-up
- This is a brilliant starting point for a beginner as well as those with a passion to further their knowledge culminating in the production of a portfolio of work
- All students with 100% course attendance will be issued with an official AUB Short Course Certificate of Attendance. To request a certificate, please email email@example.com
No make-up experience is needed to excel on this course. It’s ideal for both beginners and make-up enthusiasts wanting to further their knowledge and skill set to create a digital portfolio of work that can be used for future applications to study. Suitable for creatives aged 18+.
- Model – if you intend to practice your looks on a model rather than yourself, please bring a friend or family member to class with you to act as your model
- Full set of brushes
- Complete skin care (make-up remover, moisturiser)
- Matte foundation
- Dewy foundation
- Loose translucent powder
- Eye shadow palettes
- Black gel eyeliner
- Matte red lipstick and lip liner
- Contour/highlight palette
- False eyelashes
- Clear lip gloss
- Black mascara
- Eyebrow pencil
All additional course materials are included in the course fee.
Consumable materials will be supplied: tissues, cotton buds, etc.
Some make-up materials will be supplied, however it’s beneficial for you to have your own kit as listed in the ‘what you need to bring’ section. This also means you can practise at home!
Important information about evening and weekend courses
How to Enrol
Looking to book onto one of our Evening and Saturday courses? You’ll find everything you need to book your place here.
If you have any questions about our Evening and Saturday Short Courses, you may find the answers in here.
Short Courses Booking Terms and Conditions
Please read our Terms and Conditions before booking onto our Evening and Weekend courses.
Information about resourcing specialist materials/consumables that you may need to bring these with you