You are using an outdated browser. Most of this website should still work, but after upgrading your browser it will look and perform better.
This practical course is available to study in our summer term. Check out the term dates and course details below.
Wednesday 15 June – Wednesday 27 July 2022
Saturday 25 June, 9, 23, 30 July 2022
Duration and times
13 sessions in total:
7 Wednesdays 18.00–21.00
4 Saturdays 9.30–16.30
Throughout the course you'll explore these applications individually and discover how they work seamlessly together to develop projects efficiently and successfully.
This course is perfect for students who wish to create digital design outcomes for commercial or personal use as well as those who are currently using the applications but are looking to expand their knowledge through a more structured course of learning. This course is highly recommended for those who possess some knowledge or have a keen interest in the field of graphic design, as the course will explore these applications in relation to the topic of design.
A strong all-round understanding of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign is essential for graphic and digital designers as these applications are the tools at the core of the creative industry. Due to the fast-paced and challenging nature of this course, students will be expected to possess a fundamental understanding of the tools and features of all three Adobe applications.
This course will see you use them to create editorial design, poster campaigns, icon designs, business cards, social media graphics and discover all the essentials about and exporting your work for both print and web output. The course is taught using Mac computers and iOS operating systems and students will be expected to have basic knowledge of image/file management.
If you want to work on a series of creative projects designed to teach you the fundamentals of the three most popular Adobe applications which could help you take a step towards changing careers, working on freelance projects, launching a personal project or just out of personal interest this course is perfect for you.
- Essentials skills and techniques of working in Adobe Photoshop
- Essentials skills and techniques of working in Adobe Illustrator
- Essentials skills and techniques of working in Adobe InDesign
- Introduction to graphic design
- A set of practical and challenging design projects
- Poster/editorial design
- Creating icons
- Creating businesses cards ready to print
- Social media graphics
- Basic design skills – using shapes, hierarchy and balance
- Understanding of how Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign work together in creative projects
- Plenty of software techniques
Find out more by clicking the profile below.
The course aims:
- You'll master all of the essential tools, features and functions of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Complete a set of projects which have graphic design based final outcomes
- You'll grow in confidence whilst working in singular applications and using them as a powerful set of cross-platform tools
- You'll have completed a set of projects with a final outcome which could be taken forward to develop or displayed in an online portfolio
- You'll have a sound working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- You'll have the confidence to open and start working on design projects in each of the three applications
- All potential students are required to have a basic understanding of how the three applications work and be able to use their core tools
- Students must be conversant with Mac and iOS operating systems
- It is recommended students have access to Adobe Creative Cloud at home so able to explore and practise between taught sessions
- A keen interest and some basic knowledge in the topic of digital graphic design
Pen and a notepad to make notes.
All course materials are included in the course fee.