You are using an outdated browser. Most of this website should still work, but after upgrading your browser it will look and perform better.
This practical 15-week course begins in the autumn term and continues throughout our spring term. Please see course details below.
Tuesday 4 October – Tuesday 6 December 2022
Tuesday 17 January – Tuesday 14 February 2023
Duration and times
15 Tuesdays 18.00–21.00
Throughout the course you’ll explore Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, and InDesign individually and discover how they work seamlessly together to develop projects efficiently and successfully.
A strong all-round understanding of these Adobe Creative Suite programmes is essential for digital publishers and designers as these applications are the tools at the core of the creative industry.
This course will see you use Adobe Creative Suite to create editorial designs, such as leaflets, newsletters, and adverts, and discover all the essentials to export your work for both print and web output. You’ll cover fundamental software skills and develop the confidence to produce industry-standard content productively and efficiently that’s ready for publishing.
If you want to work on a series of creative projects designed to teach you the fundamentals of the most popular Adobe applications which could help you take a step towards changing careers, working on freelance projects, launching a personal project or just out of personal interest this course is perfect for you.
- Essential skills of working in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, and InDesign
- Techniques for laying out images and text effectively, as well as tricks to create dynamic and professional designs
- Exploration of the tools available in each Adobe Creative Suite programme and how to use them effectively
- Managing documents and pages, including using character, paragraph, and object styles
- A set of practical and challenging design projects
- Editorial design, including leaflets, adverts, posters, newsletters, and sales materials
- Creating icons
- Social media graphics
- Design skills including using shapes, hierarchy, and balance
- Understanding of how Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, and InDesign work together in creative projects
- Exporting designs for both web/digital use and offline/print
The course aims to:
- Develop your skills so you master all the essential tools, features and functions of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, and InDesign
- Help you produce industry-standard content productively and efficiently that’s ready for publishing
- Enhance your knowledge of colour and guide you to use and apply colour creatively and build colour palettes
- Demonstrate how to build and manage documents and pages successfully
- Grow your confidence in singular applications and using them as a powerful set of cross-platform tools
- Completed projects that you can take forward to develop further or displayed in an online portfolio
- You’ll have a sound working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, and InDesign
- You’ll have the confidence to open and start working on design projects in each of the three applications
- All students with 100% course attendance will be issued with an official AUB Short Course certificate of attendance. To request your certificate get in touch with the course team at firstname.lastname@example.org
This course is designed for anyone who has a basic understanding of Adobe Creative Suite and wishes to develop and understanding of publishing. Throughout the course you’ll be using Apple Macs and iOS operating system, so you’ll need to be familiar with these.
It’s recommended that you have access to Adobe Creative Suite and Adobe Creative Cloud at home so you can explore and practise between taught sessions.
Suitable for aspiring publishers aged 18+.
- Pen and notebook
All additional course materials are included in the course fee.
Important information about evening and weekend courses
How to Enrol
Looking to book onto one of our Evening and Saturday courses? You’ll find everything you need to book your place here.
If you have any questions about our Evening and Saturday Short Courses, you may find the answers in here.
Short Courses Booking Terms and Conditions
Please read our Terms and Conditions before booking onto our Evening and Weekend courses.