You are using an outdated browser. Most of this website should still work, but after upgrading your browser it will look and perform better.
- Evening and weekend courses
- Adobe Creative Suite Publishing and Design
- Creating e-Learning Content using Adobe ...
Creating e-Learning Content using Adobe Captivate
This 10-week short course will equip you with the tools needed to create interactive and responsive e-Learning content using Adobe Captivate.
To book your place today, simply click the 'Book Now' button to be taken to AUB's secure online store, where you can complete your booking. You can also sign up to our newsletter for short course updates.
What you need to know
When does it run?
Thursday 18 January – 21 March 2024
How long is the course?
What time will your classes be?
Where does it take place?
Classes will take place on AUB's campus.
You'll be taught in AUB's industry-standard studios with access to professional resources, including Apple Mac suites kitted out with the full Adobe package.
Who's this course suitable for?
This course has been developed for creatives and aspiring calligraphists aged 18+.
Perfect for anyone who wishes to develop skills to enable them to create e-Learning content such as demonstrations, simulations, presentations. This could include teachers, trainers, instructors, visual designers, graphic designers, and more.
It's suitable if you're a beginner or if you have some previous experience with Adobe Captivate and e-Learning content and wish to develop your skills further.
Please note, you'll find this course most beneficial if you have access to Adobe Captivate in between sessions so you can practise your skills.
Do you need previous experience or qualifications?
This is an introductory course, so no previous knowledge or experience is required.
If you'd like to discuss if this course is suitable for you, get in touch with us: firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0) 1202 363222.
How much does this course cost?
What's included in this price?
All course materials and resources, including Apple Mac usage and access to Adobe Captivate.
Are there additional costs?
There are no additional costs for this course; all equipment and materials will be provided by AUB.
What should you bring to class?
- A notebook and pen/pencil to take notes
Why should you choose this course?
- All tools and materials are included in your course fee – no hidden costs!
- Come away with enhanced knowledge, skills, and confidence to create dynamic and interactive e-Learning content
- Learn how to use Adobe Captivate
- Develop the knowledge to select appropriate visual techniques for constructing e-Learning content
- Enhance your ability by exploring new methods to online training and explore modern practices
- Embrace your originality and innovation
- Receive expert support and guidance from your industry professional tutor at every turn
- Leave with increased confidence and the skills to continue creating beyond the course
- Study in an encouraging and friendly setting alongside 16 like-minded creatives
About this course
This 10-week short course has been specially developed to equip teachers, trainers, instructors, visual designers, graphic designers, with the tools to create and share e-Learning content without the need for complicated programming. This includes demonstrations, simulations, presentations, and a wide variety of interactive and fully responsive e-Learning content.
Your tutor Eleni Dimitriou, who has more than 14 years’ worth of experience designing e-Learning content, will help you to create learning activities that are relevant and engaging for your audience.
You'll learn the essential skills and techniques needed to develop e-Learning content in Adobe Captivate on a regular basis. You'll explore different e-Learning strategies, giving emphasis to design and development with the use of Adobe Captivate.
During this 10-week course, you'll receive demonstrations and examples of building e-Learning content. This'll include tackling e-Learning projects in which you'll learn indispensable tricks, tips and techniques that'll enable you to create dynamic and engaging graphics, animations, quizzes, and interactive exercises.
- Setting up a project
- Themes and colours
- Adding images
- Master slides
- Working with text
- Working with the timeline
- Creating animations
- Adding buttons/states
- Working with audio
- Adding closed caption
- Starting with quizzes
- Creating multiple-choice tests
- Publishing settings
- Export to scorm/lms/web
- Possess the skills needed to create a range of engaging, interactive e-Learning content, including presentations, demonstrations and quizzes
- Understand a range of processes related to creating e-Learning content, including selection of appropriate visuals
- Have hands-on experience using Adobe Captivate
- Have increased confidence in your own skills and feel inspired
- Have boosted creativity and imagination
- Be encouraged to experiment and explore your ideas, remembering that there's no right or wrong way to be creative
- Possess the foundations to continue creating beyond this course
- Leave with a range of beautiful pieces designed and created by you
All students with 100% course attendance will be issued with an official AUB Short Course certificate of attendance.
After this course, you could:
- Broaden your creative horizons and try your hand at a range of disciplines; explore our full range of evening and weekend courses
- Continue to develop your skills at home as a hobby
- You'll study at a leading specialist university – we know what we're doing when it comes to providing unparalleled courses
- Our tutors are industry professionals, so you'll learn from the best
- We cater for all abilities and have no formal entry requirements for this course, so there's nothing holding you back
- You'll learn in a safe and encouraging environment where there's no right or wrong way to be creative
- You'll learn 'by doing' and always feel fully included and supported
- Benefit from our incredible campus and its industry-standard studios, and use state-of-the-art equipment and software to unleash your creativity
Meet your tutor
Eleni Dimitriou is a Graphic Designer based in Bournemouth. She has studied Graphic Arts at UWCN and she has a MA in Interactive Media.
Adobe Captivate gallery
On this course, you'll develop a range of new design skills to enable you to create e-Learning content confidently and effectively. You'll master working in Adobe Captivate and will learn how to select the most appropriate visual techniques for constructing your content. Take a look in our gallery at example training resources that can be created using Adobe Captivate.
Important information about evening and weekend courses
Information about resourcing specialist materials/consumables that you may need to bring these with you
How to Enrol
Looking to book onto one of our Evening and Saturday courses? You’ll find everything you need to book your place here.
If you have any questions about our Evening and Saturday Short Courses, you may find the answers in here.
Short Courses Booking Terms and Conditions
Please read our Terms and Conditions before booking onto our Evening and Weekend courses.