You are using an outdated browser. Most of this website should still work, but after upgrading your browser it will look and perform better.
- Evening and weekend courses
- Acting, Performance and Dance
- Dance Workshop – an Introduction
Dance Workshop – an Introduction
It’s been scientifically proven that movement and exercise not only benefit the body, but the mind too. A chance to move together, connecting physically and socially. Dancing, and the happiness it can bring, should be on prescription from your GP!
Please note, new dates for this course will be confirmed in April. If you'd like to be the first to know when this course is available to book, simply click the 'Register Your Interest' button and provide your details.
It’s been scientifically proven that movement and exercise not only benefit the body, but the mind too. A chance to move together, connecting physically and socially. Dancing, and the happiness it can bring, should be on prescription from your GP! In direct response to this, we've created a weekly community dance class, for adults aged over 55.
Running for a 10-week term, on Saturday mornings, we are offering the chance for the wider community to benefit from our purpose-built dance studios on campus, coming together to build both resilient minds and bodies.
A sense of community will be a key element to these sessions, with the ultimate class purpose being to move and strengthen the body, through structured warm-ups, routines and stretches.
Each week, you’ll have the chance to learn and develop dance routines, in a range of genres, with the opportunity for some creative development and improvisation class material.
Moving together in the studios will improve your health, wellbeing and confidence. Dancing, and the happiness it can bring, should be on prescription from your GP!
- Weekly dance classes that'll explore movement and creativity in the safety of our dance studios
- Regular breaks will be included to hydrate and get to know the other dancers
This course aims to:
- Provide you with opportunities to be creative, explore ideas and feel a sense of happiness
- Improve your confidence through dancing together, socially and physically, for use in your daily life
- An appreciation and understanding of different dance genres and techniques
- An understanding of the importance of preparing your body
- A thorough understanding of the benefits of dance to the mind and body
- Improved core body strength and confidence
- A boosted enjoyment of dance and engaging with other like-minded students
- All students with 100% course attendance will be issued with an official AUB Short Course certificate of attendance. To request your certificate get in touch with the course team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Only enthusiasm and a desire to learn and share your enjoyment with others. Suitable for adults aged 55+.
Please ensure that you wear comfortable clothes. You'll be expected to dance bare foot.
All additional course materials are included in the course fee.
Important information about evening and weekend courses
How to Enrol
Looking to book onto one of our Evening and Saturday courses? You’ll find everything you need to book your place here.
If you have any questions about our Evening and Saturday Short Courses, you may find the answers in here.
Short Courses Booking Terms and Conditions
Please read our Terms and Conditions before booking onto our Evening and Weekend courses.
Information about resourcing specialist materials/consumables that you may need to bring these with you