You are using an outdated browser. Most of this website should still work, but after upgrading your browser it will look and perform better.
Movement and exercise not only benefit the body, but the mind too. Our dance classes are guaranteed to give you a weekly dose of endorphins and boost your wellbeing.
To book your place today, simply click the 'Book Now' button to be taken to AUB's secure online store, where you can complete your booking. You can also sign up to our newsletter for short course updates.
What you need to know
When does it run?
You can study this course in either the autumn or spring term. Choose your preferred term when booking.
Autumn term 2023
Saturday 14 October – 16 December 2023
Spring term 2024
Saturday 20 January – 23 March 2024
How long is the course?
What time will your classes be?
Where does it take place?
Classes will take place on AUB's campus.
You'll be taught in AUB's industry-standard dance studios with access to professional resources.
Who's this course suitable for?
This course has been developed to get the local community moving and experiencing the joy that dance can bring.
Perfect for anyone who wishes to inject a weekly dose of movement into their lives (without the pressure of a gym membership) with the aim of improving health, wellbeing, and confidence. As a guide, this course is ideal for anyone aged 55+.
It's suitable if you're a beginner or if you've some previous experience with dance or movement.
Do you need previous experience or qualifications?
This is a beginners course, so no previous knowledge or experience is required. We don't expect you to be a trained dancer, you just need to be willing to move and have fun.
If you'd like to discuss if this course is suitable for you, get in touch with us: firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0) 1202 363222.
How much does this course cost?
£129 – that’s less than £13 per session!
What's included in this price?
All course materials and resources.
Are there additional costs?
No, all course materials and resources are included in your course fee.
What should you bring to class?
- Wear comfortable clothing that doesn't restrict movement
- Be prepared to dance barefoot
Why should you choose this course?
- All course materials, resources, and access to bespoke dance studios are included in your course fee – no hidden costs
- Improve your confidence through dancing together, socially, and physically, which in turn will positively impact your mental wellbeing
- Improve your health through regular movement
- Take advantage of opportunities to be creative, explore ideas and feel a sense of happiness
- Gain hands-on experience experimenting with different movement techniques that you can use in your own time when you need a pick-me-up
- Learn a variety of different dance routines in a range of genres
- Receive expert support and guidance from your industry professional tutor at every turn
- Dance in an encouraging and friendly setting alongside 20 like-minded people
About this course
It’s been scientifically proven that movement and exercise not only benefits the body, but the mind too. Dancing, and the happiness it can bring, should be on prescription from your GP. In direct response to this, we've created a weekly community dance class for older adults to improve health, wellbeing, and confidence.
Running for 10 weeks on Saturday mornings, we’re offering the chance for the wider community to benefit from AUB’s purpose-built dance studios on campus, coming together to build both resilient minds and bodies.
A sense of community will be a key element to these sessions, with the ultimate class purpose being to move and strengthen the body, through structured warm-ups, routines and stretches.
Each week, you’ll have the chance to learn and develop dance routines, in a range of genres, with the opportunity for some creative development and improvisation class material.
Moving together in the studios will improve your health, wellbeing, and confidence. Dancing, and the happiness it can bring, should be on prescription from your GP!
- Explore movement and creativity
- Learn a range of dance routines to suit all abilities
- Try a variety of dance genres
- Structured warm-ups
- Understand how dance and movement can affect your mood, mental health and wellbeing and experience first-hand how moving can bring happiness
- Have improved health
- Have boosted creativity and confidence
- Have learned different movement techniques that you can use in your own time when you need a pick-me-up to keep moving yourself happy after the course has ended
All students with 100% course attendance will be issued with an official AUB Short Course certificate of attendance. To request your certificate contact the short courses team: email@example.com or call 01202 363222.
After this course, you could:
- Continue to harness your creativity and develop your performance skills further; explore our full range of Acting, Performance and Dance short courses
- Broaden your creative horizons and try your hand at a range of disciplines; explore our full range of evening and weekend courses
- Continue to develop your skills at home as a hobby
- You'll study at a leading specialist university – we know what we're doing when it comes to providing unparalleled courses
- Our tutors are industry professionals, so you'll learn from the best
- We cater for all abilities and have no formal entry requirements for this course, so there's nothing holding you back
- You'll learn in a safe and encouraging environment where there's no right or wrong way to be creative
- You'll learn 'by doing' and always feel fully included and supported
- Benefit from our incredible campus and its industry-standard studios, and use state-of-the-art equipment and software to unleash your creativity
Meet your tutor
Important information about evening and weekend courses
Short Courses FAQs - Evening and Weekend and Saturday Art School
If you have any questions about our Evening and Saturday Short Courses, you may find the answers in here.
Short Courses Booking Terms and Conditions
Please read our Terms and Conditions before booking onto our Evening and Weekend courses.
Information about resourcing specialist materials/consumables that you may need to bring these with you