Our studios work in a way that mirrors industry. Students working together in a high-energy environment, with industry-standard facilities and excellent tools and equipment. Each year has their own studio and each student has their own dedicated workspace within their studio where they can leave work in progress and completed pieces. Each studio also features a number of Macs for digital design work.
As well as dedicated studios for each year, we have a dedicated print room, stitch room and dye room with specialist, industry–standard equipment.
- Our recently extended print room has now doubled in size and features brand new, six–foot print tables along with a variety of tools and resources.
- The new stitch room features a laser cutter, Bernina Artista digital embroidery machines, Singer Irish and Cornely sewing machines and a new Ultrasonic Hand Welder for 3D sculptural textiles.
- Our print room features various screen–printing facilities including a dedicated exposure room with a large exposure unit.
- The dye room features a heat press for sublimation printing, large dye vats and flock guns.
- We also a large digital fabric printer and laser cutting machinery in our workshops.
These images illustrate this environment and show you some of the equipment we have in use.