Our photography facilities recently underwent a multi-million pound development, which saw the creation of brand new digital suites, a collaborative specialist photography hub and brand new colour printing facilities.
Studying on this course, you’ll benefit from these state-of-the-art facilities and industry-standard equipment, designed to support all photography practices from analogue through to high-end digital production.
You’ll be able to make use of the following professional-standard facilities:
- Analogue colour suite with 12 darkrooms, Chromira 30″ Digital Colour Printer, Autopan 30″ RA4 paper processor, high-end Flextight film scanners, colour analyser and a C41 lab that can process film up to 10×8 inches.
- Five professionally-equipped studios with Broncolour Lighting, ring flash, digital and analogue cameras up to 10×8 large format. The main workhorses are Hassleblads with Phase One backs.
- Wet B/W darkroom for any film formats up to 5×4 with UV printing frames for alternative processes and the capability to make very large fibre-based prints.
- Dry B/W darkroom for any film formats up to 10×8 with Ilfospeed processor for the production of plastic coated prints.
- B/W processing suite including deep tank capability for large formats.
- Purpose-built Mac suites for software training.
You’ll be able to borrow equipment from our dedicated location store, including portable lighting kits and all camera formats. This includes everything from 35mm (high-end Nikon and Canon digital SLRs) to large format cameras (Toyo Field), tripods, HD cameras and lighting kits.
Our state-of-the-art digital suite has recently been upgraded to a state-of-the-art production facility with a fully colour-managed work flow. The suite is equipped with:
- Apple Mac G5 computers with widescreen monitors
- x25 macroscopic camera system and the latest software